Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I need help with my winter car please read..it's a probe and won't start

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default I need help with my winter car please read..it's a probe and won't start

The has been acting up...having to floor it too take off ..it stuttters etc....Anyways went for a test drive today after new plugs and fuel filter...car still acted up....But when i went to restart the car it wouldn't do anything..wouldn't turnover at all...then i noticed my radio wouldn't come on...either would my power mirrors work..but my headlights work and my dome light work and the car dings with the key in the ignition....I checked all the fuses and thier straight...what the hell is wrong with this crazy car...i even checked for melted ignition wires....I'm at a lose with this car...It always started great..just ran like crap....What should i be looking for? Any help would be great...Thanks..btw 1996 2.0 4 cyl 4 5speed probe...yeah it's junk ....i know....

I know i sholdn't post this here but probe forums are worthless..there's only a couple members who know nothing about cars....at least here i'll get some replies.......THANY YOU
Old 09-03-2006, 07:26 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Battery cable connections? That would be the first thing to check. They should be very tight.
Old 09-03-2006, 08:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You mentioned that when it was running you had to floor it for it to take off. I had a problem similar to this with my thunderbird and it turns out that the wire in the mass air flow sensor was dirty. I put some rubbing alcohol on a cue-tip and cleaned it and it has been trouble free ever since. Does it have a fusuable link between the battery and starter? That could have burned out.
Old 09-03-2006, 09:24 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67SS&99Z28
You mentioned that when it was running you had to floor it for it to take off. I had a problem similar to this with my thunderbird and it turns out that the wire in the mass air flow sensor was dirty. I put some rubbing alcohol on a cue-tip and cleaned it and it has been trouble free ever since. Does it have a fusuable link between the battery and starter? That could have burned out.
Cool..I got it running again...I honestly think my buddy stole my fuse 40A under the hood..what a dick...I switched with ac fuse started right back up...I'm going to try that rubbing alchol thing tommorrow on a couple sensors....Thanks Guys....Sorry I had to post this hear..but I know i'll always get help

Btw..that 67 is badass...love the circle headlights..
Old 09-03-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 99Custom
Cool..I got it running again...I honestly think my buddy stole my fuse 40A under the hood..what a dick...I switched with ac fuse started right back up...I'm going to try that rubbing alchol thing tommorrow on a couple sensors....Thanks Guys....Sorry I had to post this hear..but I know i'll always get help

Btw..that 67 is badass...love the circle headlights..

No problem man, glad to help out. Thanks for the compliment on the 67. I love my first gen.
Old 09-03-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Gotta love those easy fixes.