Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

fuel in my oil....throwin crazy codes...HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default fuel in my oil....throwin crazy codes...HELP

well my cars running like garbage, and it threw 2 codes...p1072 p1075.....running fat in both banks....checked the helms manual and it says that when both of these codes go off at the same time it usually means fuel in the oil....i rode around with efi live on the car and it was running -14% fuel at wot and -16% at idle....reaalllllly high....i know its supposed to be down around 1-2%...the car is lacking in any power and i used half a tank of gas just to go from jacksonville to gainesville (not very far)....i need some input on what could be doing all this?
Old 09-04-2006, 01:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You mean P0172 and P0175...?

The Helm Service Manual goes on with a diagnostic procedure to see if the problem is airflow, MAF, O2S, injectors, EVAP; just follow the procedure, it will pinpoint your problem.
Old 09-04-2006, 07:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yea those codes....i read on, and it said something about how to plug off the pcv and see if the fuel trims increase....if they do then theres fuel in the oil....im actually leaning towards the 28lb injectors are just flooding the two banks unlike the old 26lbs..this would be a easy fix...unlike something internal, i didnt however smell any gas in the oil...would there be any other identifiers?