Fueling & Injection Fuel Pumps | Injectors | Rails | Regulators | Tanks

Should have done thise low impedence injectors long ago..

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:08 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Should have done thise low impedence injectors long ago..

After fighting with a couple sets of larger Hi-Z injectors and raising the fuel pressure to keep up and STILL running 95%+ DC I decided to finally switch to some 75lb low impedence injectors I had laying around here. Picked up one of those new AEM 10 channel peak and hold driver boxes from Summit (under 300.00) and installed it the other day. Took a little tweaking of the offset and a couple other tables but these thing start and idle so much nicer then the hi impedence injectors I had and the throttle response just cruising is very nice.

Made 14 passes the other night getting them dialed in and they are working great. Best thing is my duty cycle is around 74% now @ 57psi with no boost reference which is 20% less then the SD 57s I was running @ 65ps so when it cools off some I can make some more power without running the injectors @ 100%. Something I should have done long ago, the box fits nice behind the PCM, not sure if it will fit there with the heater box still in though.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:09 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey, looks nice. So that AEM 10 channel box is a nice way to run the low-Z injectors with the ls1's ecm? is the box only good for full throttle/idle or does it work well throughout the power curve? I'm looking to put together a mostly streetable 800+rwhp twin turbo 383 stroker street/strip ls1, and the info would be appreciated.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

how does a configuration of injectors (IFR, voltage offsets, whatever else) look like with lowZ injectors?
Old 09-04-2006, 09:24 AM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by nycab
Hey, looks nice. So that AEM 10 channel box is a nice way to run the low-Z injectors with the ls1's ecm? is the box only good for full throttle/idle or does it work well throughout the power curve? I'm looking to put together a mostly streetable 800+rwhp twin turbo 383 stroker street/strip ls1, and the info would be appreciated.
Works all the time not just wide open throttle. There is also the acceleronics versa fueler out there that does the same thing but its 100.00 more.

RedHardSupra,

I hate to put up the numbers since some low impedence injectors act a lot different. I pretty much just dropped the minimum and default PW to .9, cut the small PW table in half and cut the offsets by 40%. I was getting too much a/f swing with the voltage and from what I understand low-Z injectors have a lot quicler opening response then large saturated injectors. I could be way off but the car really runs well, the whole offset thing (except for the voltage part which is simple to figure out) gives me a headache sometimes