Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Whats wrong with my car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:23 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default No power?

Last night I raced a full bolt on Firehawk M6, with stock gears, and we were side by side, or he would pull a little bit. With the mods in my sig shouldn't I be able to pull him. It seems like my car isn't making the power it should from that race. I'm going to order some gears soon, but could that be the problem, or is my car just a dog?
Thanks for the help

Last edited by 2000RedZ; 09-04-2006 at 07:56 AM.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wouldn't find it uncommon that a bolt on stick car (10 bolt rear) would pull a small(er) cammed auto car from a roll. i've seen numerous cars on this website (and a couple in person) that trap about the same in comparison. go to the track and show him what's up. don't sweat it. also, was the car professionally tuned (efilive/ls1edit) - if not that would be a factor to consider also...hptuners only goes so far.

we can lay the smackeck downeth HARD on stick cars of equal power - at the track. you didn't get a stalled automatic so you can roll race...or race on the street (where more often than not, traction is a BIG problem).
Old 09-04-2006, 12:23 PM
Pontiacerator

Received 194 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by 2000RedZ
Last night I raced a full bolt on Firehawk M6, with stock gears, and we were side by side, or he would pull a little bit. With the mods in my sig shouldn't I be able to pull him. It seems like my car isn't making the power it should from that race. I'm going to order some gears soon, but could that be the problem, or is my car just a dog?
Thanks for the help
Now that the weather's cooling off here, get it to WIR or MAD and see what it's running.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:47 PM
On The Tree

If the car isn't professionally tuned, there's your explaination right there. It's a night and day difference. Any cammed ls1 should be professionally tuned in my opinion no matter how big or small the cam is. You'll lose a lil more power through an A4 than an M6, and depending on how many miles each car has could also make a difference. Your engine just might be tired. I know mine was, and that's why i'm rebuilding it.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Well its semi tuned, by myself. But its still running rich and bounces off the limmiter in every gear. And we also went from a dig and I didn't pull much maybe half a car.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

When I got my pro tune after my header install, i gained 23 rwhp from the TUNE ALONE. I agree with above, it can make a huge differance.