Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Upset a Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Upset a Porsche

Was on my way down to the Goodwood Revival (probably the most prestigious event in the motoring calender).

Anyhow, on the way down I was just cruising an I see a met red 911 coming up on me fast. Not sure the exact year, but it was a early mid 90's model. Round headlights and body coloured bumper, it didn't have the whale tail wing either. I was at about 70mph and pulled over knowing he was going to try and fly past, well I floored it and kept it planted til 120-130mph. Did this a few times to him with the same out come. I waited until he tried to overtake before planting it, he would hang for a few seconds and then I'd pull a few cars (3 or 4 maybe).

When we pulled up at the M25 main roudabout he went in the lane next to me, it was really funny. I just looked across and smiled but he looked furious and just shook his head at me

On the back of the car it said Carrera S, I didn't know there was an S in that shape, anyone know HP or performance stats for it.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:18 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

haha good one. I don't know about the 90's models though the new ones make around 350hp. flat 6
Old 09-04-2006, 11:55 AM
Launching!

It was most likely a 993 Carrera S. They were introduced in '97, and had 285/340ish numbers. The only early cars with the S designation were much older, and wouldn't have said Carrera S. The S's like the one I think you were playing with were all widebody cars, with no wing. Carrera S's had the 3.6L and did 0-60 in mid 5's. Hope that helps.

Jon
Old 09-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Did it look like this one?

http://www.allsportauto.com/english/...-carrera-s.php

Jon
Old 09-04-2006, 01:56 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice Kill! wish i'd get some decent ones in the SS! went out in the volvo 98 T4 on sunday about 9pm & got 3kills golf gti,mini cooper s,peugot 407 & my g/f got a seat leon R earlier in the day!
Oh yeah seems like between 7-9:30pm is a good window of opportunity for gettin races here, now that all the little boy racers have got their insurance with Norwich union! they get it cheaper if they don't use their cars after 11pm LOL
Old 09-04-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha poor guy in the porshce thought he was hot ****
Old 09-04-2006, 02:18 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 300bhp/ton
When we pulled up at the M25 main roudabout he went in the lane next to me, it was really funny. I just looked across and smiled but he looked furious and just shook his head at me
Was he wrong to be pissed? Honestly, it sounds like you were being a dick. He's just minding his own business, out for a brisk cruise, perhaps on his way to Goodwood like you. Then some dude, who's going slower, decides, with no provocation, to block his pass, not once but repeatedly. I'd be pretty pissed myself. It's dangerous, and obnoxious. I thought you Europeans were better with things like courtesy and lane discipline.

Originally Posted by 300bhp/tonne
On the back of the car it said Carrera S, I didn't know there was an S in that shape, anyone know HP or performance stats for it.
Could it have said Carrera 4 by any chance? That would seem to be the most likely designation, but in the UK you also got the Carrera RS in the 964 body style. Other than that, it could just be a badge job.
964 C4
Old 09-04-2006, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Seems to me like the porche was going slower!
Old 09-05-2006, 02:39 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jon B.
Yep that's the one, ta
Old 09-05-2006, 02:45 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thats funny i just took out a 05 Carrera S 911! He came past me and reved at me so i started to speed up a little and i was about 2 cars back when he took of so i put it down to 3rd and bye the time i got into 4th i allready passed him fast and when i let of he came up bye me and gave me a thumbs up
This what the one i raced looked like
Old 09-05-2006, 02:47 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 3liter6
Was he wrong to be pissed? Honestly, it sounds like you were being a dick. He's just minding his own business, out for a brisk cruise, perhaps on his way to Goodwood like you. Then some dude, who's going slower, decides, with no provocation, to block his pass, not once but repeatedly. I'd be pretty pissed myself. It's dangerous, and obnoxious. I thought you Europeans were better with things like courtesy and lane discipline.
I think you need to gain a little kknowledge about UK roads before bashing. Quite simply put it was dual carrige way, I was running at 70mph which is the legal speed limit so there was no reason for me to move over if I didn't want, however I did move over which is when they planted it to try and "fly-by", I guess like you call a Ricer fly-by. All I did was stay in my lane and accelarate. If they had been quick enough they would have got past, he was not!

So I never cut him up or blocked him once, he knew the score and played along because he thought he was superior.

Also, Porsche owners over here tend to be very obnoxious and believe everything else is crap and worthless, this might be stereo typing but it some seem to prove true more times than not. This is also very evident in UK motoring publications.

Originally Posted by 3liter6
Could it have said Carrera 4 by any chance? That would seem to be the most likely designation, but in the UK you also got the Carrera RS in the 964 body style. Other than that, it could just be a badge job.
964 C4
Nah, was defintly not a Carrera 4, and it looks like the one in the link posted above, it had slightly slanted front headlights not vertical like the 964 911's had.
Old 09-05-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Also, Porsche owners over here tend to be very obnoxious and believe everything else is crap and worthless, this might be stereo typing but it some seem to prove true more times than not. This is also very evident in UK motoring publications.

Agree! especially among Boxter drivers they seem pissed that they couldn't afford a carrera so are always trying to justify themselves, guys with turbos,gt2,gt3s don't really because they already know what they've got!
Old 09-05-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Addict

lol

Yeah Boxster bashing is a great sport