Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new ls6 intakes

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 10:39 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default new ls6 intakes

slp has them with the intake with the plugs and crossovers

and then gmpartsdirect or fried beans has the intake but it comes with a bunch of seals.

i know i need the manifold, cross overs and plugs but i sasent sure about the seals.

wheres teh best blace to but the KIT so all i need to do is buy it from one plce and i get the parts i need all in one box.
Old 09-04-2006, 12:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

TTT... I would also like to know because I will be purchasing an LS6 intake soon and have the same question.
Old 09-04-2006, 01:23 PM
TECH Resident

The "bunch of seals" that it takes about are the port seals for where the intake connects to the heads. It might be the throttle body seal too.

I'm not sure on prices, but they are probably all close and all have all the parts needed so just take your pick.

I bought my LS6 intake used for a good price and then bought two crossover pipes from a chevy dealer. Putting a crossover pipe on the rear too is a good idea because it will help the #7 cylinder stay cooler. #7 is the most prone to detonation. It's an old road racing trick. Well, I guess not that old.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:23 PM
11 Second Club

so the seals off my 98 intake would be ok to cross over to the ls6 im
Old 09-04-2006, 03:52 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Pick up a used one and just get the LS6 coolant portion at the dealership.
Old 09-04-2006, 05:10 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by HeapaShifter
The "bunch of seals" that it takes about are the port seals for where the intake connects to the heads. It might be the throttle body seal too.

I'm not sure on prices, but they are probably all close and all have all the parts needed so just take your pick.
The intake manifold kit I'm looking at includes the intake manifold, intake seal, intake manifold gasket kit, throttle body seal, map sensor, and map sensor seal. This kit is priced at $438.29 and I'm wondering if it sounds like a good deal?

I bought my LS6 intake used for a good price and then bought two crossover pipes from a chevy dealer. Putting a crossover pipe on the rear too is a good idea because it will help the #7 cylinder stay cooler. #7 is the most prone to detonation. It's an old road racing trick. Well, I guess not that old.
When you put the crossover pipe on the rear, did you block off the unnecessary rubber line like they did on ls1howto or did you use a different method?

Last edited by Shallow Bay; 09-04-2006 at 06:50 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 07:43 PM
11 Second Club

any more info on whos kit comes with the most?
Old 09-05-2006, 09:42 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Shallow Bay
The intake manifold kit I'm looking at includes the intake manifold, intake seal, intake manifold gasket kit, throttle body seal, map sensor, and map sensor seal. This kit is priced at $438.29 and I'm wondering if it sounds like a good deal?
Seems like a good price for new. Back when I was pricing them out they all came out close to $500. I'd recommend getting a used one though. In just as good condition, but cheaper.

Originally Posted by Shallow Bay
When you put the crossover pipe on the rear, did you block off the unnecessary rubber line like they did on ls1howto or did you use a different method?
No. I ran a hose up to the front. Here's a picture I drew for someone else asking another time.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:09 PM
TECH Resident

No. I ran a hose up to the front. Here's a picture I drew for someone else asking another time.
Thanks for the picture and that's a really good idea. Do you have any actual pictures of your setup? What size hose and t-fitting did you use? I was never a big fan of blocking off the rear coolant pipe and I'm thinking of trying this if you don't mind.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

the only thing is if the rear croosover clamp gets loose then the hose will leak, will u have to remove the manifold to get to it
Old 09-06-2006, 06:31 AM
TECH Regular

I did my LS6 swap this past Sunday and did what someone suggested on here, which was to dremal some ridges down from the intake so the stock 98-00 lines would fit. Seems like it worked great and didn't cost me a thing in pipes.
Old 09-06-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

thats good to hear