Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Rebuilt T56 cases

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 12:13 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rebuilt T56 cases

Hi my t56 is in realy bad condition and i was wondering if anyone culd recomend a place where i culd buy a rebuilt T56 or have mine sent overseas and have rebuilt for me. has anyone had experience with e-bay wendors? also does anyone know even a place where i can buy a new manual wuld be great as both 3rd and 5th gear are shot and there is grinding in the gears and they even have got stuck in gear twice.

i had heard that WWW.T56REBUILDS.COM was a good profesional place to go to and also a sponsor for ls1tech. i did send Joe a e-mail, PM and even asked him for advice on one thread but i havent had any answers and i have waited for weeks! so i guess im going to have to look elsewhere so if anyone is going to recomend a non sponsor shop just PM me
Old 09-05-2006, 06:21 PM
FormerVendor

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have emailed and PM'ed you twice in requards to your advice but we only keep PM's for 1 week at a time. If you would like you can always request that we resend them to you. You can also call our 888-937-4411 toll free anytime for answers to you questions. All Pm's and Emails get answered within 48 hours of arrival.

Thanks,
Amber
T56Rebuilds.com

Last edited by ls1 joe; 09-05-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:28 PM
FormerVendor

If you would like please resend the email so I can make sure who you are. We get about 100 emails each day requesting advice as well as tech information so keeping everyone together can be hard. Also we do not always check the manual forum for people asking us questions. They should call if it is needed immediately.

Thanks,
Amber

Last edited by ls1 joe; 09-05-2006 at 06:40 PM.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

FWIW...I wouldn't trust my T-56 anywhere else. Joe and Amber provide an unbeatable service thats second to none.
Old 09-05-2006, 06:44 PM
FormerVendor

Depending on the condition of the parts from what you are telling me, it sounds as if the 3/4 slider and 5/6 slider will need to be replaced. As with anyone giving a quote will be hard until it is torn down. You can always buy a transmission outright but like we tell everyone you might spend more money on that than what you would have if you rebuild it. Going by what you are telling us and like the email and PM we would have sent, the best guess we can give is that listed above.

Hope this helps but give a accurate estimate would require someone tearing it down first. You can always see our prices on our website as well.

Thanks,
Amber
Old 09-06-2006, 04:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

i did receve a e-mail reply couple of days a go Thanks! i know from first hand how hard it is working in a buissnes with alot of e-mails. and belive me i wuld call if i just werent located in iceland and even short calls to the US cost the upwards of 40$

now for the rebuild proces im not shure what the cheapest rout is becouse noone realy knows these cases over here and labor cost will probably be high. but the main thing is that i needed a estamate of what the parts wuld cost me (wich i got) i of course realise that there is no way of knowing whats wrong until the box is torn down.

well the main thing i just need to know now is can you send me the parts i will be needing via USPS international priority mail? becouse when the box is torn down im not willing to wait close to 6 weeks to get my parts. i only ask becouse USPS have height and package size restrictions and i dont know if these parts weigh much

also as i mentioned i also wuld be interested in buing a rebouilt one and send mine as a core that wuld be the best for me as i am shure i can change these manuals in a weekends work and ship my old one back to you

looking forwarrd to your answers Joe and Amber and thanks again

Last edited by old and good; 09-06-2006 at 05:02 AM.

Quick Reply: Rebuilt T56 cases