View Full Version : 350z vs mustang gt vs z28 vids

25psi
09-04-2006, 05:08 PM
Once again these are some videos of lightly modded cars vs 350z's. These cars are moreso modded than the 350z. So take the vids as you will. These are the same cars that are considered a "drivers race".

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316617

TT Cobra fly by
http://media.putfile.com/TT-Cobra-97

350Z vs 03 GT
http://media.putfile.com/350Z-vs-GT

03 GT vs 94 Z28
http://media.putfile.com/03-GT-vs-94-Z28

350Z vs S2000
http://media.putfile.com/350Z-vs-S2000

350Z vs 94 Z28
http://media.putfile.com/350Z-vs-94-Z28

Sprayed1998
09-04-2006, 06:23 PM
Is this a joke, all those are most likely 14 second cars. GT with flows, are you shitting me. Gotta love the big bad LT1 auto going from rolls, who are those clowns. If your gonna post vids on LS1Tech ate least make sure the cars running are quicker than a stock LS1, lol.

25psi
09-04-2006, 06:30 PM
Actually the new 350z just hit a 13.4 at 106 and C&D hit a 13.7 at 105 in a G35 sedan. So right up there with an LS1.

I'm ready to run that big bad TORQUE MONSTER of your tonight for, lets say 2-300 dollars. I'm willing to give you 1 car from a dig to 140mph. The mr2 that is. Or you can run my boy in his 350z, for some money. Remember hes only pushing 15psi. Shouldnt be a problem for you.

25psi
09-04-2006, 06:36 PM
Is this a joke, all those are most likely 14 second cars. GT with flows, are you shitting me. Gotta love the big bad LT1 auto going from rolls, who are those clowns. If your gonna post vids on LS1Tech ate least make sure the cars running are quicker than a stock LS1, lol.

Instead of opening your legs try opening you eyes. This was to show once again that this is not a driver race between these cars. The 350z traps higher and is a faster car overall.

chavez885
09-04-2006, 06:50 PM
i like TT cobra,nice footage,shoulda did the gt and a4 LT1 from a dig :D

25psi
09-04-2006, 06:56 PM
That tt cobra sounded sick as hell. One of the best sounding tt cars I have heard thus far

Sprayed1998
09-04-2006, 06:58 PM
Instead of opening your legs try opening you eyes. This was to show once again that this is not a driver race between these cars. The 350z traps higher and is a faster car overall.I got a light bolt on GT if you know any light modded 350's that wants to go, lets make a video, last time out did 13.20's@105. And let me know when ur ready to run my SS...

25psi
09-04-2006, 06:59 PM
Im ready to run tonight. I told you I'll give you 1 from a dig to 140.

Sprayed1998
09-04-2006, 07:05 PM
Im ready to run tonight. I told you I'll give you 1 from a dig to 140.Ill do 20-130 but I gotta go buy some new exhaust tonight as my car is getting a new fuel pump(stocker was maxxed) and exhaust, should be ready next week, and Im running ur 350Z, not that other thing u got.

BlackMagicC5
09-04-2006, 07:07 PM

All you do is brag about how you think 350z's are in the same league, why not run yours for once instead of posting videos of other peoples cars, and talking about your "boys". :jest:

25psi
09-04-2006, 07:08 PM
My 350z will be faster than the deuce. I dont understand why you dont want to run it. The 350 will not be ready for another 2 months, still waiting on some parts to arrive. Just race my buddies 350z tonight then, from a 20-?.

BlackMagicC5
09-04-2006, 07:10 PM
My 350z will be faster than the deuce. I dont understand why you dont want to run it. The 350 will not be ready for another 2 months, still waiting on some parts to arrive. Just race my buddies 350z tonight then, from a 20-?.

Trying to set up a race for someone other than yourself should = BAN!

25psi
09-04-2006, 07:12 PM
All you do is brag about how you think 350z's are in the same league, why not run yours for once instead of posting videos of other peoples cars, and talking about your "boys". :jest:

My car has been in the shop for a month and a half. I'm getting the longblock done as well as a new turbo kit.

Please show me were I said 350z where in the same league, as what? How about you run the duece, instead of rideing my dick.

25psi
09-04-2006, 07:13 PM
Trying to set up a race for someone other than yourself should = BAN!

If you read dumbass, I'm offering to run the deuce tonight. He refuses to run from a dig to 140 for money.

BlackMagicC5
09-04-2006, 07:19 PM
My car has been in the shop for a month and a half. I'm getting the longblock done as well as a new turbo kit.

Please show me were I said 350z where in the same league, as what? How about you run the duece, instead of rideing my dick.

Ok, yeah, I'll be there in a few minutes. :eyes:

Sprayed1998
09-04-2006, 07:19 PM
Just let me know when the 350Z is ready, thats the car I wanna race. Camaro is getting new clutch, new pump, Borla, and a bigger shot of nitrous.

25psi
09-04-2006, 07:20 PM

You should with 30,000lbs of thrust and that police chopper!

25psi
09-04-2006, 07:21 PM

Respond to my question!

Sprayed1998
09-04-2006, 07:25 PM
why is ur 350 taking so long anyway?

25psi
09-04-2006, 07:31 PM
The turbo kit is custom made, not an off the shelf one. The turbos were also on back order. I dont mind the wait becuase this shit is getting costly. It comes with twin gt30r ball bearing turbos, twin wastegates, 2x 321 stainless manifolds, 2 blowoff valves intercoolers etc... Then I had to order a twin disc carbon carbon clutch. Along with a custom fuel system. Stage 4 axles from Driveshaft shop. I know I'm missing some parts here, but this is an expensive hobby.

I'll call you when it is ready or you can just come by the shop.

Sprayed1998
09-04-2006, 07:53 PM
Yea let me know, what do you expect it to run? Wanna run heads up @ HRP?

HOSS
09-05-2006, 09:26 AM
"Should have over nighted the parts, from Japan."

300bhp/ton
09-05-2006, 09:51 AM
The turbo kit is custom made, not an off the shelf one. The turbos were also on back order. I dont mind the wait becuase this shit is getting costly. It comes with twin gt30r ball bearing turbos, twin wastegates, 2x 321 stainless manifolds, 2 blowoff valves intercoolers etc... Then I had to order a twin disc carbon carbon clutch. Along with a custom fuel system. Stage 4 axles from Driveshaft shop. I know I'm missing some parts here, but this is an expensive hobby.

I'll call you when it is ready or you can just come by the shop.
You do sound like someone who's just trying to convince others that your car is superior :nono:

If it's costing that much time effort and money with no apparant assurity of success why did you go with a 350z??? It's not a bad car by anymeans, but there are far better platforms out there with much greater potential.

BTW - what is that MR2 listed in your sig? Is it a Toyota MR2 turrbo?? If so how on Earth is it producing 700bhp from 2.0 litres and not requiring a re-build every 500 miles or so? Even the WRC rally cars couldn't acheive that.

BlackMagicC5
09-05-2006, 10:29 AM
You do sound like someone who's just trying to convince others that your car is superior :nono:

If it's costing that much time effort and money with no apparant assurity of success why did you go with a 350z??? It's not a bad car by anymeans, but there are far better platforms out there with much greater potential.

BTW - what is that MR2 listed in your sig? Is it a Toyota MR2 turrbo?? If so how on Earth is it producing 700bhp from 2.0 litres and not requiring a re-build every 500 miles or so? Even the WRC rally cars couldn't acheive that.

Probably because its bullshit. He just uses it to try to scare people when he talks shit then someone calls out his pos 350z.

LSINA7
09-05-2006, 10:34 AM

Its possible. Toyotas... and DSM's do it too with 2 liters. How do you think Supras do it with 3 Liters? Making 1200 whp and runnning just fine? Strong shit, good engineering.

But I agree, I wouldn't have wasted my money on a 350.

wvutransam
09-05-2006, 12:18 PM
Jesus I wish you would find a 350Z forum...

Car RamRod
09-05-2006, 12:57 PM
Once again these are some videos of lightly modded cars vs 350z's. These cars are moreso modded than the 350z. So take the vids as you will. These are the same cars that are considered a "drivers race".

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?t=316617

TT Cobra fly by
http://media.putfile.com/TT-Cobra-97

350Z vs 03 GT
http://media.putfile.com/350Z-vs-GT

03 GT vs 94 Z28
http://media.putfile.com/03-GT-vs-94-Z28

350Z vs S2000
http://media.putfile.com/350Z-vs-S2000

350Z vs 94 Z28
http://media.putfile.com/350Z-vs-94-Z28

you have too much time on your hands and an obession for starting problems.

Car RamRod
09-05-2006, 12:58 PM
"Should have over nighted the parts, from Japan."
damnit you beat me to it.

Sparetire
09-05-2006, 01:11 PM

WRC cars have to go up and down the rev ranges a bajillion times per race, are being constantly abused in part throttle situations where the driver is doing a tap dance on the pedals, and never really get to cool down. That said, the old psychotic Group B cars laughed at 700 AFAIK. They also killed people.

For a engine that goes up the range a few times and hour on average, thats very doable. Just like over 1000HP is doable on an LSX motor, but the C5R and C6R cars run more like 600-800 HP. Its all in the application.

Sprayed1998
09-05-2006, 01:22 PM
I mean strait up, I don't like 350Z's. They just look kinda girly to me, no offense. Im sure there are tons of guys that just love them, which is why they have 350Z forums. Why 25psi comes here posting vids of 350Z's racing Mustang GT's is way beyond me, maybe too much time on his hands? But this is one thing, if he is gonna come here and run all this smack, I am gonna make sure he backs it up, with videos.

Car RamRod
09-05-2006, 01:36 PM
WRC cars have to go up and down the rev ranges a bajillion times per race, are being constantly abused in part throttle situations where the driver is doing a tap dance on the pedals, and never really get to cool down. That said, the old psychotic Group B cars laughed at 700 AFAIK. They also killed people.

For a engine that goes up the range a few times and hour on average, thats very doable. Just like over 1000HP is doable on an LSX motor, but the C5R and C6R cars run more like 600-800 HP. Its all in the application.
very well said.

300bhp/ton
09-05-2006, 01:43 PM
Its possible. Toyotas... and DSM's do it too with 2 liters. How do you think Supras do it with 3 Liters? Making 1200 whp and runnning just fine? Strong shit, good engineering.

But I agree, I wouldn't have wasted my money on a 350.
I still doubt anything with 2.0 and running anywhere near pump fuel is making a "real" 700bhp. Not anywhere near all the time anyhow.

UK is the land of tuning small engines such as this, and realistically no other manufactuers engine will make those numbers in the real world for any period of time.

I know of several 2.0 Cosworths that make just over 500bhp and that's pushing the limit. I also know of one that can make slightly over 800bhp but only for short periods of time and it means the engine will last for less than 1000 miles if that long.

Even the infamous Nissan Skyline with it's indestrctable engine struggles to produce a genuine 700bhp for prolonged periods of time. And to be honest I often doubt some of the claims of the Supra brigade, sure a single run on a dynojet is one thing, but that ain't the real world. And I respect that many o these modern DOHC engines are very efficent, but the DOHC Ford unit isn't all that bad, and running a substantially lesser state of tune than some of these 1200bhp Supra's would mean Terminators should all be able of producing nearly 1400bhp on pump fuel - which face it, ain't gonna happen.

I agree WRC cars get a pounding, the current Ford unit makes about 650bhp/650lb ft without the WRC air restrictors on and has an expected rebuil ime of every 600miles according to Fords WRC cheif engineer.

Ex-WRC cars used for Rally Cross events are often upped to ~700bhp but they often don't make it to the end of the race.

Same goes for the Group B rally cars, Ford's RS200 only had a 1.8 I think but was capable of 690bhp, although it more commonally run in the mid 400bhp range.

WERETIGER SS
09-05-2006, 01:43 PM

i stay in Da Screw'
where do i sign up for this???
i need some money i will run both ur duece or ur 350
wassup???
but for flow and from a dig none of that roll ricer BS
whwn eva, when eva

NemeSS
09-05-2006, 01:52 PM
i stay in Da Screw'
where do i sign up for this???
i need some money i will run both ur duece or ur 350
wassup???
but for flow and from a dig none of that roll ricer BS
whwn eva, when eva

yo, wats up L. ?
U finaly signed on? cool
u got that thing together finaly?? :eek2:
settin up races alredy huh? :devil:
peace

COMNBYU
09-05-2006, 01:57 PM
I still doubt anything with 2.0 and running anywhere near pump fuel is making a "real" 700bhp. Not anywhere near all the time anyhow.

UK is the land of tuning small engines such as this, and realistically no other manufactuers engine will make those numbers in the real world for any period of time.

I know of several 2.0 Cosworths that make just over 500bhp and that's pushing the limit. I also know of one that can make slightly over 800bhp but only for short periods of time and it means the engine will last for less than 1000 miles if that long.

Even the infamous Nissan Skyline with it's indestrctable engine struggles to produce a genuine 700bhp for prolonged periods of time. And to be honest I often doubt some of the claims of the Supra brigade, sure a single run on a dynojet is one thing, but that ain't the real world. And I respect that many o these modern DOHC engines are very efficent, but the DOHC Ford unit isn't all that bad, and running a substantially lesser state of tune than some of these 1200bhp Supra's would mean Terminators should all be able of producing nearly 1400bhp on pump fuel - which face it, ain't gonna happen.

I agree WRC cars get a pounding, the current Ford unit makes about 650bhp/650lb ft without the WRC air restrictors on and has an expected rebuil ime of every 600miles according to Fords WRC cheif engineer.

Ex-WRC cars used for Rally Cross events are often upped to ~700bhp but they often don't make it to the end of the race.

Same goes for the Group B rally cars, Ford's RS200 only had a 1.8 I think but was capable of 690bhp, although it more commonally run in the mid 400bhp range.

One of the most sensible replies I've heard in this forum in a while.

Just FWIW, I remember reading a Honda Tech rag a while back where they featured a Civic Hatch. The front page read "55x WHP!!". I read through the complete article and about how the owner had gone through 3-4 motors with different applications before he got 500+whp out of his engine. His current set-up was a fully built (prepped block, bottom end, etc.) motor with a rather large turbo (don't remember exactly what motor/turbo). The car made over 500whp and he eventually got it down the track to the tune of high 10's. They followed up the end of the article with saying that shortly after the interview was over that the motor blew yet again. And the owner of the car mentioned himself that "these little motors aren't made/designed to hold high HP levels for any length of time". He also mentioned that he was going to go back to a reasonable set-up with 2-300whp and get out of dragracing and into auto-x.

Point being, there are a few "in-the-know" people who have always known, or have come to the realization, that small c.i. economy engines will never be able to do the things that a bigger c.i. will, in terms of high HP and longevity.

LSINA7
09-05-2006, 01:58 PM

Even the infamous Nissan Skyline with it's indestrctable engine struggles to produce a genuine 700bhp for prolonged periods of time. And to be honest I often doubt some of the claims of the Supra brigade, sure a single run on a dynojet is one thing, but that ain't the real world.

None of this done on pump fuel, but there are race car 2 Liter DSM's that make 600-800 whp and run all season. And Supras have been known to make tons of power and still be reliable. I remember in SCC, Peter Blach made 957 whp on the stock internals, and put a significant amount of miles on the car. Also, MVP's old car had like 170K miles on it and it made over 900 whp. Also, Ryan Woon's car makes over 1300 whp and his motors last a long time. And last, but not least, Marko made tons of power, over and over, and never had any motor problems until his 1520 whp pull. Can you say 1900 Crank Horsepower? And he drove that car on the street.

Now when you say "Prolonged periods of time", I agree. But that could go with anything, even 400-500 hp LS1's.

Sprayed1998
09-05-2006, 02:03 PM
Does anybody else think its just gay that ricer guys come here and try so hard to make us respect them? But in reality, nobody here really thinks all imports are slow. In fact, I think the fact we have american muscle cars is a personal choice, I would take a nicely done WS6/SS/Cobra over most any import reguardless of how much power or what it cost. If you shove enough bost down anything it will be fast, but in the end I prefer the looks and sound of my SS. I dont care about DSM's, I don't care about Nissans, I don't care about Toyota's, Subarus, just don't do it for me.

LSINA7
09-05-2006, 02:04 PM
One of the most sensible replies I've heard in this forum in a while.

Just FWIW, I remember reading a Honda Tech rag a while back where they featured a Civic Hatch. The front page read "55x WHP!!". I read through the complete article and about how the owner had gone through 3-4 motors with different applications before he got 500+whp out of his engine. His current set-up was a fully built (prepped block, bottom end, etc.) motor with a rather large turbo (don't remember exactly what motor/turbo). The car made over 500whp and he eventually got it down the track to the tune of high 10's. They followed up the end of the article with saying that shortly after the interview was over that the motor blew yet again. And the owner of the car mentioned himself that "these little motors aren't made/designed to hold high HP levels for any length of time". He also mentioned that he was going to go back to a reasonable set-up with 2-300whp and get out of dragracing and into auto-x.

Point being, there are a few "in-the-know" people who have always known, or have come to the realization, that small c.i. economy engines will never be able to do the things that a bigger c.i. will, in terms of high HP and longevity.

This is also true. But there are exceptions. Size is easier to make power. And most of the time will make it will be more reliable. But, strength of parts is also a factor. Honda's parts are cheap for a reason. The shit is cheap. Take a Supra's high hp reliability, and it will hold with the best of the V8's with twice of more than twice the displacement.

LSINA7
09-05-2006, 02:06 PM
Does anybody else think its just gay that ricer guys come here and try so hard to make us respect them? But in reality, nobody here really thinks all imports are slow. In fact, I think the fact we have american muscle cars is a personal choice, I would take a nicely done WS6/SS/Cobra over most any import reguardless of how much power or what it cost. If you shove enough bost down anything it will be fast, but in the end I prefer the looks and sound of my SS. I dont care about DSM's, I don't care about Nissans, I don't care about Toyota's, Subarus, just don't do it for me.

Its all in your opinions. I had a Camaro. To me, a Camaro looks like my ass compared to a FD or Supra. Sure, I'd take it over any Honda, Subaru, mitsu, etc. But there are some that aren't even comparisons.

NemeSS
09-05-2006, 02:09 PM
sprayed:
u said it friend :headbang:

r u gonna race 25psi??
my friend L. called him out on this thread
new member on here WERETIGER drives a SOM SS,

300bhp/ton
09-05-2006, 02:47 PM
None of this done on pump fuel, but there are race car 2 Liter DSM's that make 600-800 whp and run all season. And Supras have been known to make tons of power and still be reliable. I remember in SCC, Peter Blach made 957 whp on the stock internals, and put a significant amount of miles on the car. Also, MVP's old car had like 170K miles on it and it made over 900 whp. Also, Ryan Woon's car makes over 1300 whp and his motors last a long time. And last, but not least, Marko made tons of power, over and over, and never had any motor problems until his 1520 whp pull. Can you say 1900 Crank Horsepower? And he drove that car on the street.

Now when you say "Prolonged periods of time", I agree. But that could go with anything, even 400-500 hp LS1's.
I'm sorry I still don't believe it, and its because there's a thing called electronic boost control.

The car may be capable of 900rwhp or what ever but only in it's most agrssive mode on maximum boot, for street use I'll wager that via a flick of a switch on the dash the boost is dropped and they would be lucky to be making 500rwhp ALL OF THE TIME.

Think about it, a forged/built LS1 with 400rwhp add a 350-400 shot of nitrous and tada!!!! You have yourself a 800rwhp monster. But it won't be capable of making 800rwhp all of the time and surviving.

Electronic boost control is just another form. I've been in many cars that use it. A mate had a RS Escort Turbo a few years back with 2 dash switches employing 3 different boost programs. And varied from ~140bhp for the lowest level to over 220bhp for the highest (crappy 1.6 Ford cross flow engine). The numbers might not be big but percentage terms is huge.

COMNBYU
09-05-2006, 02:58 PM
This is also true. But there are exceptions. Size is easier to make power. And most of the time will make it will be more reliable. But, strength of parts is also a factor. Honda's parts are cheap for a reason. The shit is cheap. Take a Supra's high hp reliability, and it will hold with the best of the V8's with twice of more than twice the displacement.

The Honda in my previous post didn't have "cheap Honda parts", it wasnt a stock bottom end. It was completely built even to the point of having a "prepped" block. The same companies you can buy forged bottom end parts from for your LS1, SBC, 302, whatever also make those same parts for Honda motors, in case you didn't know.

My point was that even "fully built", a smaller c.i. "econo" motor won't last like a larger c.i. motor. The way that the engines are engineered and designed accounts for this.

One analogy would be to say that if you could hypotheitcally build a Briggs & Stratton engine with all forged parts, and added a power adder, you might be able to make the same HP as a traditional low horsepower inline four (see Geo Metro, Suzuki Samurai). But it's obviously not going to last the 200k+ miles that the stock 4 will that displaces more.

In short, you're taking an engine that's designed to do one thing, and trying to make it do something it's not designed for.

You keep mentioning Supra's. The engineering that went into that motor can't even begin to be compared to a B16 or H22. Also, remember, the Supra was designed to be a sports car and support a higher level of HP.

And yes, every engine has it's limits. For larger c.i. engines this can be seen in things like NHRA dragsters that are making 10,000 HP and have to be rebuilt every pass. They have virtually no longevity. That limit for smaller c.i. "econo" motors is far far less.

burnzilla
09-05-2006, 03:16 PM
Effortless power is the name of the game.

Yes you can get several hundred HP out of a small 4 Banger, buts its maxing the engine out. Even if the internals are forged and it has the works, there's only so much a couple liter engine can take.

In the long run more cubes = more power + longer life because of less overall strain.
_________

Yes Supra's can run 600-800 HP, but they have Intercooled Twin Turbo's plus larger 3.0 V-6 DOHC engines. Those engines are made to run those Turbo's.
Just like the 4V Cobra can brush off 15 PSI.

Either way
if you put the same Turbo's on a V-8, you'd have more power.
Turbo's make the most HP at High RPMs, but engine's lose thier life the higher RPM's they see.
That why I like S/C on V-8's for street cars, because S/C's run of the crank and the power is there at all RPMS...
( Not saying that a Turbo doesnt net you any less/more power )

It's all a big gamble.
But for an LT1/LS1 to run 9's and 10's for a couple thousand is just damn impressive to me.

LSINA7
09-05-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm sorry I still don't believe it, and its because there's a thing called electronic boost control.

The car may be capable of 900rwhp or what ever but only in it's most agrssive mode on maximum boot, for street use I'll wager that via a flick of a switch on the dash the boost is dropped and they would be lucky to be making 500rwhp ALL OF THE TIME.

Think about it, a forged/built LS1 with 400rwhp add a 350-400 shot of nitrous and tada!!!! You have yourself a 800rwhp monster. But it won't be capable of making 800rwhp all of the time and surviving.

Electronic boost control is just another form. I've been in many cars that use it. A mate had a RS Escort Turbo a few years back with 2 dash switches employing 3 different boost programs. And varied from ~140bhp for the lowest level to over 220bhp for the highest (crappy 1.6 Ford cross flow engine). The numbers might not be big but percentage terms is huge.

I understand that too. But the only vehicles you would ever use at full power all the time would be race cars. None of the cars I said use their full power all the time.

LSINA7
09-05-2006, 03:23 PM
The Honda in my previous post didn't have "cheap Honda parts", it wasnt a stock bottom end. It was completely built even to the point of having a "prepped" block. The same companies you can buy forged bottom end parts from for your LS1, SBC, 302, whatever also make those same parts for Honda motors, in case you didn't know.

My point was that even "fully built", a smaller c.i. "econo" motor won't last like a larger c.i. motor. The way that the engines are engineered and designed accounts for this.

One analogy would be to say that if you could hypotheitcally build a Briggs & Stratton engine with all forged parts, and added a power adder, you might be able to make the same HP as a traditional low horsepower inline four (see Geo Metro, Suzuki Samurai). But it's obviously not going to last the 200k+ miles that the stock 4 will that displaces more.

In short, you're taking an engine that's designed to do one thing, and trying to make it do something it's not designed for.

You keep mentioning Supra's. The engineering that went into that motor can't even begin to be compared to a B16 or H22. Also, remember, the Supra was designed to be a sports car and support a higher level of HP.

And yes, every engine has it's limits. For larger c.i. engines this can be seen in things like NHRA dragsters that are making 10,000 HP and have to be rebuilt every pass. They have virtually no longevity. That limit for smaller c.i. "econo" motors is far far less.

What I meant by cheap Honda parts, is that the stock stuff, motors/parts, weren't meant to handle the power. But I understand what you are saying. Most c.i. with more power=longetivity.

But I can't believe a prepped block race car Honda can't hold 500 hp, when last year through the full race year the black civic in the NDRA street class made 600+ whp and is still running fine on the same motor.

dailydriver
09-05-2006, 03:27 PM

I'm with you on this. It's the "telephone game" all over again with the urban legends of stock block 1500 rwhp Poopras being driven around on the streets, all of the time, at those power and boost levels, on pump gas no less, lasting 200K+ miles like that! BULL F'IN $h!t!!!!
Another thing that everyone seems to forget, when importees say "I make all of this power, and beat you with only 1.8 - 3 liters" is that boost/turbo size is counted as displacement, geniuses. If it were not, the FIA would not impose "multiplication factors" in their rules for forced induction and multiple valves per cylinder. Think about it!
Anyway, I've heard that some of the 2.1 BDT Cossies in the RS200 rallycross cars were making up to 800whp and finishing (winning?) the races. But they obviously needed rebuilding after every meet, and NEVER claimed to be anywhere near street legal, nor running on 93 octane!!

BeavermanA
09-05-2006, 03:45 PM
Cool vids, don't care what cars are racing when I can actually see them. Sick of all these vids where all you can see are two tail or head lights.
It take anyone else forever to load them though? Could be just the hosting site, but it took me like 5 minutes to buffer a vid, and then it was only 50% downloaded for a 25 sec video clip. Maybe they need to be ran through a video compression app if they're over a few megs.

BeavermanA
09-05-2006, 03:48 PM
The server that this file is hosted on is being rebooted please check back in 10 minutes.
Haha, guess that answers it.

lilbuddy1587
09-05-2006, 05:48 PM
I'm with you on this. It's the "telephone game" all over again with the urban legends of stock block 1500 rwhp Poopras being driven around on the streets, all of the time, at those power and boost levels, on pump gas no less, lasting 200K+ miles like that! BULL F'IN $h!t!!!!
Another thing that everyone seems to forget, when importees say "I make all of this power, and beat you with only 1.8 - 3 liters" is that boost/turbo size is counted as displacement, geniuses. If it were not, the FIA would not impose "multiplication factors" in their rules for forced induction and multiple valves per cylinder. Think about it!
Anyway, I've heard that some of the 2.1 BDT Cossies in the RS200 rallycross cars were making up to 800whp and finishing (winning?) the races. But they obviously needed rebuilding after every meet, and NEVER claimed to be anywhere near street legal, nor running on 93 octane!!

This guy said it best :judge: As to 25psi, you're a troll and nothing more. Everyone, just put him on your ignore list and it's all better. :chug:

jksstar
09-05-2006, 06:35 PM
Cool vids, don't care what cars are racing when I can actually see them. Sick of all these vids where all you can see are two tail or head lights.

I try to make good vids. but I'm no pro.

BTW the 350Z is mine (I'm not a member on here to talk shit, or start anything, just most of the guys I hang around drive LS1 cars) the speeds were picked by the cars I raced (would have been low rolls if I would have picked, my Z is alot better from a 25 roll) but I was happy with how my car did this past weekend.

for those of you that liked that TT Cobra heres more of it
http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=569840

the Cobra is badass :hail:

wvutransam
09-05-2006, 08:33 PM
Since this is LS1 tech, how about some races of you vs. LS1s.... BTW the TT Cobra is sickness.

jksstar
09-05-2006, 09:02 PM
Since this is LS1 tech, how about some races of you vs. LS1s.....

http://media.putfile.com/trans-am-vs-03-350z

I went right before the 3 honk so I got a jump. I have tryed getting a rematch but he just won't do it. Not saying I will win (I know better) but I would love to find a stock LS1 to run just for the hell of it

01ghostwhitez
09-05-2006, 10:13 PM
I'm not exactly stock but im not a heavily modded car and i live in pensacola, fl. Just minutes away from you if you would like to set up a race let me know.
(edit: Not trying to be a dick or call you out i'm just saying i'm nearly stock and would be willing to race you. I had another car a lot like yours saying he wanted to race me but he backed out and i would like to see how close it would be.)

SilverSS
09-05-2006, 10:40 PM
http://media.putfile.com/trans-am-vs-03-350z

I went right before the 3 honk so I got a jump. I have tryed getting a rematch but he just won't do it. Not saying I will win (I know better) but I would love to find a stock LS1 to run just for the hell of it

Damn, what rpm's was that trans am in? sounded like he took off at 1500 rpms in the wrong gear. Props to your 350 btw.. I just picked up an '05 35th Anniversary for my wife. Now she thinks she teh fastest. :)

jksstar
09-05-2006, 11:13 PM
I'm not exactly stock but im not a heavily modded car and i live in pensacola, fl. Just minutes away from you if you would like to set up a race let me know.
(edit: Not trying to be a dick or call you out i'm just saying i'm nearly stock and would be willing to race you. I had another car a lot like yours saying he wanted to race me but he backed out and i would like to see how close it would be.)

I would be more then willing ( I know I won't win, but I race for fun ) you have more then enough mods to fly by me :hail:

I hang out with all the guys in Pensacola and I'm over there almost every weekend. I don't think I will make it over this weekend but should be over next. I'll send you a pm before to let you know

I see John tuned your car, I know I will lose now

300bhp/ton
09-06-2006, 04:08 AM
I understand that too. But the only vehicles you would ever use at full power all the time would be race cars. None of the cars I said use their full power all the time.
No but they still claim that level of HP, as though there are ;)

And I'll wager that many of these high HP turbo setups have probably never even run with that setup and always have it backed off for street use becuase it's too risky otherwise.

LSINA7
09-06-2006, 06:55 AM

And I'll wager that many of these high HP turbo setups have probably never even run with that setup and always have it backed off for street use becuase it's too risky otherwise.

Not all of them... Maybe some.

RED04Z06
09-06-2006, 07:01 AM
I dont know where 25psi went, but I have heard of a pretty nasty 91 Mustang Coupe with a 331/Twin Turbocharged making close to 1100rwhp in Houston that loves to race Supras from rolls. Pretty sure he wouldn't mind racing 25psi's MR2.

Sprayed1998
09-06-2006, 07:17 AM
I dont know where 25psi went, but I have heard of a pretty nasty 91 Mustang Coupe with a 331/Twin Turbocharged making close to 1100rwhp in Houston that loves to race Supras from rolls. Pretty sure he wouldn't mind racing 25psi's MR2.25psi doesnt really ever wanna run domestic cars with similar mods to him (built motors and lots of boost). Id like to see him run DJ99SS, G-Z06, Tiago, my buds D1SC 99 Cobra, the fox ur talking about ect.

Sprayed1998
09-06-2006, 07:36 AM
As for this video, my buddy ran 13.70's@101 in a bone stock 00GT@HRP, I have seen MANY 350z's run there and not ONCE have I seen a true stock one run 13's, maybe they are just bad drivers but from what I have seen with my own two eyes a 99+ Mustang GT and a 350Z is pretty much a drivers race. My 98 GT with a99+ Motor, X-Pipe, Flows, and gears ran 13.20'@105 all day on 17" wheels.

NemeSS
09-06-2006, 11:22 AM
I dont know where 25psi went, but I have heard of a pretty nasty 91 Mustang Coupe with a 331/Twin Turbocharged making close to 1100rwhp in Houston that loves to race Supras from rolls. Pretty sure he wouldn't mind racing 25psi's MR2.

he's not going to respond no more because he'd been called out alredy
and knows he's all BS :gay:

dailydriver
09-06-2006, 02:32 PM

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!! And then the rice-a-jabronies think that every boosted import can run a bizillion whp, all day long, on pump gas and stock blocks! :jest: :rotflmao:

25psi
09-06-2006, 04:50 PM
he's not going to respond no more because he'd been called out alredy
and knows he's all BS :gay:

Dont have that much time to respond, real busy at work. But anyway, I've already ran several cars on this board with my mr2. One with a supercharged viper making 750rwhp, pulled me by 1 car to 160. And dozens of ls1, cobras, vettes etc.... People have seen my vids of my deuce running 11.2 at 131 with a 2.1 60ft time(street tires) at 27 psi of boost. I since have had larger injectors installed, more boost(33-34psi) and a more agressive tune.

I have a couple of Supras you can run on the freeway if you are down. I will put some money up whenever you are ready. Pm if you want me to set it up.

Why would I run another car that makes 400 more hp than me, thats stupid! I have no problem exepting a challenge from someone who has roughly 800 rwhp and under from a roll. Now when the 350z comes out in a month or two, I will gladely run anyone with 800+

25psi
09-06-2006, 05:07 PM

For one the 3sgte is probably the strongest 4 cyl motor ever built, able to produce 700+hp on a stock block. The rods have been known to handle 800+ without any issues.

700hp is not alot of power these days, especially with 4 cylinder making in access of 1300hp running low 7 sec quarter mile times.

Besides the sr20 motor, the 3sgte is the most widely used 4cyl motor there is. It has been used in JGTC is supras, mr-s, IS300, etc...

http://www.suprastore.com/topsecsuport.html

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=109881&highlight=3sgte

This is a thread polled on the best 4cyl produced. The 3sgte wasnt listed but should have, by all the responses given.

If you can make 5000hp dragster, I would assume you can make a 700hp 4 cyl. :eyes:

wvutransam
09-06-2006, 06:45 PM
:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

01ghostwhitez
09-06-2006, 06:47 PM
I will definately wait for you to let me know when you want to run. It might be closer than you think since im an auto. I have to work late this saturday so i won't really be able to go out either. Next week might be good im supposed to have surgery around that time but hopefully earlier in the week. Also the car may be going in to the shop next week to get the sail panel replaced as well. Either way shoot me a pm and we'll definately have to set up a time to run. Really interested to see how fast those 350's are.

25psi
09-06-2006, 06:51 PM
:fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy: :fluffy:

Says the person who has all those mods and runs 13.4 :jest: A stock Jspec mr2 runs that. :jest: Purely pathetic. Hell my stock 350z trapped at 101mph.

jksstar
09-06-2006, 07:03 PM
I will definately wait for you to let me know when you want to run. It might be closer than you think since im an auto. I have to work late this saturday so i won't really be able to go out either. Next week might be good im supposed to have surgery around that time but hopefully earlier in the week. Also the car may be going in to the shop next week to get the sail panel replaced as well. Either way shoot me a pm and we'll definately have to set up a time to run. Really interested to see how fast those 350's are.

sounds good, I'll get up with you :cheers:

Car RamRod
09-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Says the person who has all those mods and runs 13.4 :jest: A stock Jspec mr2 runs that. :jest: Purely pathetic. Hell my stock 350z trapped at 101mph.
:secret: I think that was done on a cutout and lid, hence the parenthesis. Thats not to sad of a time considering the 60'.

HOSS
09-06-2006, 10:55 PM
For one the 3sgte is probably the strongest 4 cyl motor ever built, able to produce 700+hp on a stock block. The rods have been known to handle 800+ without any issues.

700hp is not alot of power these days, especially with 4 cylinder making in access of 1300hp running low 7 sec quarter mile times.

Besides the sr20 motor, the 3sgte is the most widely used 4cyl motor there is. It has been used in JGTC is supras, mr-s, IS300, etc...

http://www.suprastore.com/topsecsuport.html

http://www.rx7club.com/showthread.php?t=109881&highlight=3sgte

This is a thread polled on the best 4cyl produced. The 3sgte wasnt listed but should have, by all the responses given.

If you can make 5000hp dragster, I would assume you can make a 700hp 4 cyl. :eyes:

:givesfuck...I mean really?

300bhp/ton
09-07-2006, 04:48 AM
Sorry but this is total BS :bs:

You didn't manage to answer any of my questions.

1. Why a 350z

2. How do you run a 700bhp 2.0 litre and not rebuild it all the time? Or does it simply not make that HP for 99% of the time?

For one the 3sgte is probably the strongest 4 cyl motor ever built, able to produce 700+hp on a stock block.
Well you start by talking shit right here. Strongest block, what as in material, long block, short block what??? Stock internals on any Toyota 2.0 litre Turbo are no better than most of turbo applications, this would include the MR2 Turbo and the Celica GT4.

BTW - I think if you're champing on about strong blocks then the BMW 4 cylinder should be mentioned as ther road going block was used in their turbo Formula 1 engines in the late 70's early 80's. I beleive there where working on HP numbers exceeding 1000bhp. But it was a fully blown race engine using premium grade high octane race fuel and only needing to last a single race weekend.

The rods have been known to handle 800+ without any issues.
Where? Got any real life examples?

What are you on. Come on are you seriously trying to tell me a 1300bhp engine is reliable and street friendly. Also what type of fuel is it using, and whats it's expected run time. A whole season of dragging isn't going to count as far, 500miles maybe? Unless it's being driven to each race meet.

Big power from small engines is not anything new. Back in the mid 80's Formula 1 cars where making 1500bhp out of 1.5 litre V6's.

Since when have Supra's run 4 cylinder engines?

Any poll is biased, espcially when asking owners of particular models. Japan and Europe are probably master of the 4 cylinder. But since few of the European ones make it the USA then the opoinions are often miss-guided.

Look at any major motoring event, Formula 1, WRC, BTTC, ETC the Japanese engines very rarly win.

And if these engines are so great why don't they dominate FIA GT racing or Rally Cross events???

Don't get me wrong, I'm not dissing them at all. Because personally I think they are good engines. But I do believe there is so much :bs: surrounding them.

Yeah ok :nono:

Now you see this is where you are just sounding like a real pric. You are claiming that 700bhp is perfectly doable, reliable and streetable from a 2.0 litre and if it's doing all this on the street it must also be able to run on pump fuel not racing.

How many 5000bhp V8's do you see claiming this???

You also seem to forget, that many of these 5000bhp motors are 13 litres, so specific output and state of tune is much lower. They are also running on alchohol not petrol/gas. And are designed to hope to last the weekend although many don't. Infact these engines are so unstreetable that if you lift off the throttle its run over, as reapplying the throttle will cause the motor to hydroloc and blow - often in a fireball.

The DOHC technology deployed by modern engines (4, 6, 8 and 12 cylinder) IS superior to old style OHV motors. This is due to curtain area largly and a more stable valve train at high rpms. This means that specific outputs can be higher. 100bhp/litre is easy in n/a form for a DOHC, but OHV often ends up without any road mannors or needs some boost to achieve the same specific output.

However, these 4 cylinder engines do not defy physics.

300bhp/ton
09-07-2006, 05:04 AM
Says the person who has all those mods and runs 13.4 :jest: A stock Jspec mr2 runs that. :jest:
A what.........

I assume Jspec means Japanese spec. Well Mr2 Turbo's are pretty common here in the UK all grey imports from Japan as they weren't sold here by Toyota (did they sell them in the US?).

If so, and your claiming a stock one will top a 13.4 1/4 you really are off your trolly. No way they only had 200 something HP and for a 2 seater a big fat and heavy. A mate used to have one, loads done to it and was fairly was but the engine blew within 6-8 months. He then bought a Evo FQ330 and was amazed how much faster it was even though it was stock.

EDIT: I believe the MR2 Turbo had about 220bhp stock, straight from Japan. http://www.btinternet.com/~netsurf/mr2t/

This one says 240bhp, but still.

Type 2S FHC
Designer
Number of doors 2
dimensions & weight
Wheelbase 2400 mm 94.5 in
Track front 1470 mm 57.9 in
rear 1450 mm 57.1 in
Length 4140 mm 163 in
Width 1700 mm 66.9 in
Height 1240 mm 48.8 in
Length:wheelbase ratio 1.73
Ground clearance 135 mm 5.3 in
Kerb weight
Weight distribution
(Front) 42.00 %
Fuel capacity 55
litres 12.1
UK Gal 14.5
US Gal
Go to more manufacturers or other Toyota models
aerodynamics
Drag coefficient 0.310
Frontal Area
Cx
engine
Code
Manufacturer Toyota
Type S-4
Wet sumped
DOHC
16 valves total
4 valves per cylinder
Main bearings 5
Construction
Bore stroke 86.00mm 86.00mm
3.39 in 3.39 in
Bore/Stroke ratio 1
Displacement 1998 cc
(121.925 cu in)
Unitary capacity 499.5 cc/cylinder
Compression ratio
Fuel system Bo L-Jet fuel inj.
Aspiration Turbo
Compressor type 1 Garrett CT-20b turbocharger
Intercooler Y
Catalytic Converter Y
Max. output 244.3 PS (241.0 bhp) (179.7 kW)
@6000 rpm
Max. torque 304.0 Nm (224 lbft) (31 kgm)
@4000 rpm
Maximum rpm
Coolant Water
Specific output 120.6 bhp/litre
1.98 bhp/cu in
Specific torque 152.15 Nm/litre

And this site:http://www.albeedigital.com/supercoupe/articles/0-60times.html

Says 0-60mph in 6.2 seconds and 1/4 mile 14.8 seconds :lol:

Purely pathetic.
Talking to yourself again... :lol:

Hell my stock 350z trapped at 101mph.
That's great, but on a good dayy a 260bhp sn95 Mustang will do that. Hay my old XJS would trap those sort of speeds (a tad lower) but it was only a high 14 second car due to the gearing, so it proves bugger all.