Automatic Transmission 2-Speed thru 10-Speed GM Autos | Converters | Shift Kits
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

TH350 experts... Couple questions and pics inside...

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 07:46 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default TH350 experts... Couple questions and pics inside...

I have been experiencing a "clicking" sound coming from my TH350transmission that sounds like the old 'cards in the spokes' from childhood bicycle days.... the sound was consistent with wheel speed, NOT engine RPM. And it would do it regardless of the gear it was in, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, neutral. Anyway, I traced the noise to the tailshaft section of the trans so today I pulled the tailshaft off. I was thinking it was going to be something with the speedo gears messed up... but what I found was a cylindrical piece loose on the output shaft, and it was cracked on the end (rim was about half sheered off). I think this may be called the "case bushing" but not sure. So my questions are as follows (see pics below):

1) Is this the case bushing and is it supposed to be pressed into the end of the tailshaft?

2) Should there be a clip holding the speedometer drive gear in place? There was no clip present.

Old 09-04-2006, 08:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats the yoke sleeve. Not all transmissions use them. Just throw it away and check to be sure your slip yoke does not have a hole in the plug. If it does either tack weld it shut, epoxy it shut or get another yoke without a hole.
And the speedo gear is suppose to have a clip.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 78 Likes on 56 Posts

Also make sure that the govenor is not contacting the govenor cover