Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone make F-body TD's that aren't dumped?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2006, 08:02 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone make F-body TD's that aren't dumped?

I'm just curious if anyone makes a true duel system for the f-body that exits at the back of the car and goes over the axle? I thought i read on here that tsp was going to make a kit for their td's but have yet to see or read anything about that (i could be wrong though lol). Right now i have a borla and love it but im just curious to hear what a td setup with some xr1's would sound like. I have listened to stuff on ls1sounds.com but videos aren't anything like the listening to a real car.
Old 09-04-2006, 08:09 PM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

theres a vid of my car with XR1s on it on here. It's not out the back, but it is a pretty good idea of what it sounded like in person
Old 09-04-2006, 08:15 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bassanni makes a true dual exhaust that exits out the rear. It is sold by vinci hi performance. Do a search for mrr23. he has it on his and his wife's cars.
Old 09-04-2006, 09:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

it cost 1k! but it quality, but its only good for stock manifolds, if you have longtube..you'll hav eto get it costumized.... buy the tsp true duals and have a exhaust shop run them under the axle out the back.
Old 09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by BrandonDrecksage
it cost 1k! but it quality, but its only good for stock manifolds, if you have longtube..you'll hav eto get it costumized.... buy the tsp true duals and have a exhaust shop run them under the axle out the back.
yup, you can get lt's, the tsp duals, and have them ran out the back for about the price of the bassani kit, maybe a little more, but the power gains are better.
Old 09-05-2006, 11:29 AM
Launching!

Yeah the tsp setup is what i might do once i get some lt's if i don't like the sound of my borla with the headers. I don't know if i want to spend 1k on the bassanni exhaust just to have it customized to fit the headers. I'm going to have to wait on my rear end to arrive before i do headers but right now i kind of want duals after hearing my bro's gto. It sounds a lot more deep and its just stock. I know my car is louder than his but his car sounds pretty good for stock. I'm still throwing around idea's with my borla i might put an xr1 in the i pipe because i do like my borla because i can put an electric cut out in it to tone it down a little. Thanks for the info guys.
Old 09-05-2006, 12:02 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 98 Z28
if i don't like the sound of my borla with the headers
thats one of the greatest sounds ever to be heard on this planet! lol

..but like you said.. you cant beat the deep tone of duals
go lt's with tsp duals, no cats and an xr1 over the axle like tim99ws6 said... you'll be 100% satisfied!
Old 09-05-2006, 06:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98 Z28
I'm just curious if anyone makes a true duel system for the f-body that exits at the back of the car and goes over the axle? I thought i read on here that tsp was going to make a kit for their td's but have yet to see or read anything about that (i could be wrong though lol). Right now i have a borla and love it but im just curious to hear what a td setup with some xr1's would sound like. I have listened to stuff on ls1sounds.com but videos aren't anything like the listening to a real car.
i have the bassani on both cars. here's the dyno back when i swapped from the borla 3" adjustable to the bassani tru-duals. as far as sound goes. lots quieter inside the car compared to the borla.

Old 09-05-2006, 07:20 PM
Launching!

Wow that bassani looks real nice. Those are some pretty good gains (that will also be something to consider if i do decide to keep the car na because right now im thinking about procharging it). I think i'm going to see if the borla can give me the sound i'm looking for (not that i don't like the sound of it i just want it to be a deep) with adding the headers and an xr1 in the i pipe. I had heard that the xr1 will make it sound deep so i think i will try that before i decide to buy another exhaust setup. If not i think i will go with the tsp td's just for the reason being im not going to have to customize them for headers then i will just have some custom pipes made for it to exit out the back. Thanks for all the info guys i really appreciate it.