Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

160º t-stat...can't find one for the 'turd!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2006, 08:13 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 160º t-stat...can't find one for the 'turd!

97' RS 3.8L V-6 (Hence the 6-bucket turd title)
I look them up and i find ones for '98+ Camaros.
And i find them for the supercharged 3800-ll engines in the Pontiac's. (fwd) which i know are different engines....being that u can't swap the supercharger

So with that said, I've looked on Summit (which has none that i could find), Jegs has them for the FWD Pontiac's i listed above. And a general Google search has led me back to those 2 again and again.

I want to get one because over all no mater what my car runs hot. And i utterly hate the fact that the car has to get retarded hot before the fans kick on and the t-stat opens.

Plenty of coolant (flushed recently, and is on a regular basis so get rid of any air-pockets)
Good engine oil. I have a slight misfire here and there i have to figure out. But the engine is open on both ends so it's not like the hot stuff stays around for long...but it still heats up. And that = me getting pissed off.

So, if anyone has a 97' 3.8L turd like me or knows where to get a thermostat for one, I'd greatly appreciate it. A link, a site name....anything. or Let me know if they're universal. i just don't want to buy one or order one and then be stuck with one that i don't need. Because i know my self, and i won't mail it back I'll just keep it, suck it up and order another one.

Thank you for your time and patience,
Anthony

Last edited by 97'RS6-BucketTurd; 09-05-2006 at 09:48 AM.
Old 09-05-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Regular

I got one for mine I forgot the part number, but when my friend looked it up it showed up as being for a 6.0L truck. This was at Orielly's and it was a item they normally stocked. Cost 19.99 and it works/fit fine

EDIT missed the part that it was a V6 sorry
Old 09-05-2006, 09:50 AM
On The Tree

No problem. I just can't find the damned thing. And like i said, who wants to ASSume when ordering parts?