Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

dyno results...horrible

Old 09-07-2006, 01:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default dyno results...horrible

After 12 Months I am getting my car back form Scot Hail. I have posted some of the horror stories before.
The car was to be picked up on the 2nd. well it was done when my father arrived to CO ffrom MA. He is still waiting to taje delivery until the morning.
It was dynoed and tuned last night.
What I had done icluded..a PTE 74GTS turbo, FMIC, stage II heads, turbo cam, as well as a complete fuel system. There were other supporting parts of course.
Before I sent the car out last September, I was quoted that the kit alone would produce between 585 and 600 rwhp. that is without the heads and cam.
After the tune.. it produced a peak of about 520 rwhp at 4psi but hovered around the 480 mark. Really it wouldn't have bothered me that much but after all the other bull**** it really got to me. Between parts and labor it cost over 13,000. The boost contoller that was included in the price wasn't even installed. It along with the borla exhaust and all the gauges is piled up in the back seat.
Also I paid to have everything ceramic coated wasn't done. This guy claims that due to time contraints he couldn't finish everything. He took delivery of the car last September 26.
Now I'm going to have to file a civil suit to at least try and recover from all this. After over 17,000 total invested in the project I'm a bit heated
Old 09-07-2006, 02:00 AM
10 Second Club

is there a name to this shop? thats pretty shitty brother. u shoulda tried a little more boost tho...u prolly didnt hit the sweet spot.

everything else is inexcusable tho..sorry to hear
Old 09-07-2006, 02:03 AM
Teching In

It was originally redline motorsports/traill ridge customs out of fort collins. but in december they split up..and everything went down hill from there.
I'm in korea so i couldn't be there.. but a greddy spec b II boost controller was supposed to be installed to tune the boost a bit... this guy had just been as unproffessional as could be....thank though
Old 09-07-2006, 02:27 AM
TECH Veteran

more boost for the win. thats awesome power for leaf blower boost. turn in up and enjoy=). hopefully it was worth the trouble in the end
Old 09-07-2006, 02:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 15 Likes on 10 Posts

great #'s for 5psi....
Old 09-07-2006, 05:46 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Just bring it to us and we'll finish it for ya.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear this because you spent alot of money . I'm sure that with 2 more pounds of boost and slowhawks tune you will see around 600 HP.

Why didnt you take to slowhawk from the begining???

He is Close to home for you , good reputation and good prices.What made you go 1/2 way accross the country?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:23 AM
TECH Resident

Ive heard some horror stories about that place for the past couple of years. I was initially interested in their turbo kit but after a few of my car buddies told me about the place I wouldnt even consider going back up there for anything.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:14 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah..good ole scott.

sorry man about your whole ordeal...but i knew this was gonna happen..way back when..

https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-induction/384773-redline-motorsports-turbo.html
Old 09-07-2006, 12:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by yellow04gto
It was originally redline motorsports/traill ridge customs out of fort collins. but in december they split up..and everything went down hill from there.
I'm in korea so i couldn't be there.. but a greddy spec b II boost controller was supposed to be installed to tune the boost a bit... this guy had just been as unproffessional as could be....thank though
Man that sucks....good luck. I live in Colorado and I had my car on their dyno once a few years ago when they had a good reputation. I have heard bad things in the recent past about them
Old 09-07-2006, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's rough bud... I know what it's like dealing with F heads. Same thing happened with the body shop I was dealing with when my car was wrecked into. They soon after went out of business, and my motor grenaded.
Old 09-07-2006, 01:15 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jleews6

Why didnt you take to slowhawk from the begining???

He is Close to home for you , good reputation and good prices.What made you go 1/2 way accross the country?

We did talk last year or so.I probly scared them with how forward I am with time and prices.(alot of shops lie about final cost).
For $17k or so we would of done a 700rwhp forged/procharged setup(I'm pretty sure his budget was $8k at the time)

Either way, live and learn.I'll be happy to check over his current setup
Old 09-07-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

ya dude....95% people, including myself, are naive hearing a realistic final cost of these builds....... but in the end i'd rather know it from the beginning, being told straight up
Old 09-07-2006, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Thanks for all the input.. I hope that when the boost controller gets installed everything will work out. I wouldn't have been so upset except for everything else that I had to deal wiht over the last year.
Slowhawk, I'm already working to get the car to you. I will e-mail you on that.
I was scared off by the cost at first, but Scot appeared to be a professional at the time, I think I ended up paying about 13,000 in parts and labor.
Thanks again...and hope to talk to you soon Don

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: dyno results...horrible