Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

Pics of the new edition to the Family let me know what you think

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pics of the new edition to the Family let me know what you think

Just picked her up a few days ago its a 2002 Camaro SS with only 15,000 miles

this is the old ride 99 ws6 Full bolt ons and gear and stall 415 hp.

let me know what you guys think the SS has SLP Y pipe, Loudmouth, Lid, smooth bellow, and some transmission tuning. Just tryin to get some ideas. Ive never seen the black with the orange 35th anniversary stripes like this. it really stands out.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Addict

nice find, IMO the red and orange kinda clash.
Old 09-07-2006, 12:30 PM
TECH Addict

looks good, i actually like the black and orange
Old 09-07-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that definitely does stand out. I like the ride a lot. The only thing I can think of being a negative here is if you plan to do more appearance mods to the car (i.e. diff wheels, interior, engine bay) since you would most likely have to stick to orange color accents for it to look right imo. I think it looks clean and nice the way it is but its up to what plans you have for the car.

-brian
Old 09-07-2006, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Yeah I was alittle leary when i first heard it had orange stripes but i do see the red ss badges kinda clash, im not sure if they have orange ss badges. I have only had the car a few days and have had many people compliment how it looks. I dont plan on doing much to the exterior beside maybe some halos and dark tint and corsa exhaust tips. Keeping with the orange theme the ls6 intake is also orange with e black bmr strut tower brace will try to get pics up soon. but thanks for feedback and more is welcome. thanks
Old 09-07-2006, 01:38 PM
Teching In

what do you guys think about these i found on ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/97-02...ayphotohosting
Old 09-07-2006, 01:50 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

the red badges and orange aren't working together good. I like the orange stripes though. Get some stainless ss badges, a stainless bowtie for the back, and replace the fill in letters in the back with a stainless camaro and it will look awesome. rk sport sells them .there good quality. i have them on two of my cars

i think if you keep the amber turn signal lenses instead of going with clear ones, it'll help spread out the orange theme some.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 99Warbird
Yeah I was alittle leary when i first heard it had orange stripes but i do see the red ss badges kinda clash, im not sure if they have orange ss badges. I have only had the car a few days and have had many people compliment how it looks. I dont plan on doing much to the exterior beside maybe some halos and dark tint and corsa exhaust tips. Keeping with the orange theme the ls6 intake is also orange with e black bmr strut tower brace will try to get pics up soon. but thanks for feedback and more is welcome. thanks
You could go with some 30th Anniversary SS badges

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Three...26979861QQrdZ1

and for the nose...you can get this from RK Sport...I have one on my 97' Anv. Edition SS Vert. Also rear urethane hugger orange letters from RK Sport.
Attached Thumbnails Pics of the new edition to the Family let me know what you think-rosieandjack-012.jpg   Pics of the new edition to the Family let me know what you think-camarorearletters-017.jpg  
Old 09-07-2006, 03:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

In my opinion, very cool.

I saw a Camaro SS in Bfrankerz 4th gen mod guide, and have always liked that color combo. You don't see very many Camaros (any generation) in a black with colored stripes combo.
Old 09-07-2006, 03:58 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

wicked car! love the black and orange!

do this like SS30ANV said...

and tint the crap outta it, and you'll be done!

very nice!
Old 09-07-2006, 07:25 PM
Teching In

thanks for the feedback and the sites ill deff look into the orange and stainless steel badges.
Old 09-07-2006, 07:40 PM
10 Second Club

very clean car where did u find it?
Old 09-07-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I've seen one other SS that looked exactly like that in person. The girl who owned it said it came like that as part of some SLP performance package.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

sweet!! very clean
Old 09-07-2006, 09:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Louie83
I've seen one other SS that looked exactly like that in person. The girl who owned it said it came like that as part of some SLP performance package.
I've seen one here in AZ too. It's a pretty slick looking car in person. About 3 of us rolled up into the gas starion in F-bodies, and one of us in a Vette, and the guy, who was clearly our age, didn't even like acknowledge us when we said hi. But it had the SLP badges and sounded like a loudmouth.

Anyhow, very nice car man, and I think those badges you posted would look way better on it than the red ones. Can't wait to see the underhood shots.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:29 PM
TECH Addict

That is the first time that I have ever seen that combination on a Camaro, to be completely honest with you I think that it looks SICK!! It has that whole halloween look to it and I would keep up with the orange accents. When getting new wheels, I would get some with a black center and polished lip, it owuld make your car a show winner for sure IMO.
Old 09-07-2006, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

how much did it cost you?
Old 09-07-2006, 09:44 PM
TECH Fanatic

Halloween Super Sport I like it. Its definitely different. I agree with you halos tint and corsa tips will help. Also check out muffinbuster on ebay for some good stainless stuff for the car to make it even more unique. It seems it was modified already did the person take care of it besides just the outside?
Old 09-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Teching In

i found the car in Williamsburg, virginia not to far from where i live. I bought it from the original owner and it has 15,100 miles on it. Got it off an older guy who had an older 70's camaro he was rebuilding and a sick 500 hp new gto. He said he never drove it stayed in the garage and it shows. He only did minor things all the car has on it is slp loudmouth, slp y, slp lid, slp smooth bellow, underdrive pulleys, bmr strut tower brace, and some transmission tuning, he bumped up the shift points and made them alittle crisper. But other then that the car is stock for now lol. I got it for a great deal he was a family friend and sold me the car for $15,500. So i am happy with it and have been getting alot of looks and compliments me personally have never seen this color combination and the things i have planned for the exterior i think will make it look even better. Thanks for all the compliments and ideas i appreciate it, it was a rare find that i couldnt pass up and the car is pretty much brand new and i plan to keep it that way. Any ideas on interior its just plain dark grey right now i want to get some embroidery work done on the seats and get some new floormats. and does anyone know where to get the gauges that have ss on them i saw some silver ones that had ss on the rpm side on some guys car.
Old 09-07-2006, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

nice car man must be a blast to drive on halloween

Quick Reply: Pics of the new edition to the Family let me know what you think