Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

which block

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default which block

Ok.... so i have a 2001 S10 Xtreme, i swapped the 2.2I4 for a LS1, and i and building a turbo setup for it now, i have the forged internals crank/ pistons/ rods ect i also have some LQ9 heads, inline electric puel pump, ect everything to run the turbo set up, i keep getting different numbers from every salesmen i talk to they all want to sell my an iron block and reid me of the aluminum block, but how much boost would be safe to run on the aluminum block with all forged internals and proper upgrades that i mentioned. I had one salesmen tell me that the aluminum block wouldnt hold anything over 600 hp? I also would rather do it right the first time and build a motor that can handle the 12-15 psi i plan putting into it. but i just dont think that the iron block is all that nessacary? or is it?
Old 09-07-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

untter crap mate! they can take over 1000rwbhp no problems! and if you get to that level you could always get some Darton sleves put in there and forget about it!

really though mate, guys are running 15psi on BONE STOCK blocks and getting away with it (not forever though)!

Chris.