Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

2 mustangs in one day *long*

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2006, 12:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2 mustangs in one day *long*

Lord, forgive me for picking on those not the wiser, and loving it.
I come out of my first class today, heading to my other campus. I have about a 15 min trip and over hour break. So I think to myself it's friday, I'm going to treat myself to a mini Onyx cigar, and hang in the parking lot till i'm done being I don't smoke in my car.

A cheerful yet slightly dopey fellow approchs me, admiring my car and we start bsing cars. He said he loves muscle cars and hates ricers, to him ricers were imports he was failed to be impressed by my mention of my hatch.

I politly ask what do you drive, I'm told a 96 v6 5spd stang... That car nearly killed the term muscle car... I play nice and tell him "Neat stangs are real cool cars."

He offers to race me being it shoudl be a pretty fair match as we both have real sports cars..... By now i'm a little pissy, but hide it play dumb and bite.

We go to an area where its about a 1/2 mile of emptyness. 3 honk start and dig were how we were going to start. He wanted a best out of 3? I was fine with all this.

We are lined up it's his honk for the first run, I slide t-56 into first. BEEP...BEEP. vrrrr BEEP* Yup he took off on the 2nd... sounded and pulled like stock. I am instantly neck and neck with a launch not much harder then a normal stop from a redlight.

You know the little devil on your shoulder? He is the only one I have I don't have the angel, he tells me shift to 5th see what happens. I give into it. Slowly the stang pulls a bit. We shut down around 60ish him maybe a bumper ahead.

We line up again my turn to beep. This time I'm just going to give it 110% and really show him what I have. Beep I tach up to 2200 holding the clutch BEEP.. BEEP.

In what feels like a nanosecond im shifting @ 6K roaring the rear tires let me know they have yet again lost traction. I see the speedo race up towards the middle. my shift light flashes again slapping the Hurst shifter into 3rd. Speeds still climbing I keep going till I see the 100 mark, the mustang is barely in veiw behind me. I let off and slow down.

He finally catchs up to me and just stares, no words just stares. I wave and he states "Like yea I'm out of your league.. Thanks for the runs."

I smile and give him a wave pull a u turn and head to my next class, little did I know I had another race coming!

I finish my class at my other campus awaiting to finish yet aonther Onyx standing by my car.

Now another person wonders up to me, what luck being I LOVE people .

He really is polite and just offers me to run his bolt on 5L GT fox. I say sure a race is fun and we look at his car for a bit some shorties a catback and ORX. We talk 5Ls for a bit as I love and know the motors.

He thanks me and kids me if I lose I have to trade him.

We pop over to another empty area to run this one is alot shorter maybe about an 1/8th mile.

Beep off, I don't even play this time and do my best to fly off the line pulling hard on him in first, rip into second gear it just gets uglier and 6K in 2nd I let off. He was farther behind then I expected but with in a good distance.

We meet back up he was impressed and asks me about some H/C stuff I give him my advice he thanks me again and we both head our own ways.

Long read but worth it.
Cliffs: One can not compress an epic
raced a 6er stang toyed with him
re raced pounded his life
ran a 5L bolt on
beat him
Old 09-08-2006, 01:03 PM
On The Tree

"You know the little devil on your shoulder? He is the only one I have I don't have the angel, he tells me shift to 5th see what happens. I give into it. Slowly the stang pulls a bit. We shut down around 60ish him maybe a bumper ahead." hahaha!
Old 09-08-2006, 09:41 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

You wasted tires, gas, clutch and a possible ticket on a "neat" V6 stang? Dude, you must not get a lot of races. Good kills.
Old 09-10-2006, 12:15 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
You wasted tires, gas, clutch and a possible ticket on a "neat" V6 stang? Dude, you must not get a lot of races. Good kills.
No I don't at all.

My car is over 2100 rpm so rarely it makes me wonder if it's worth it to bother keeping...
Old 09-10-2006, 04:35 PM
Teching In

What do you drive again?
Old 09-10-2006, 07:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

99 z28 m6
some bolt ons.
Old 09-10-2006, 11:51 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You should write a book or something with all those good details!