Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

ANTS in my pants... and my T/A...

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ANTS in my pants... and my T/A...

I woke up this morning to drive home from the gf's and I noticed crap loads of ants crawling around inside my car, then I noticed they where all over the hood as well. SO I do about a 110 mph run to try and blow them out but then they just started coming out from my dash and crawling in and out of it.

How do I get rid of them? will they do any harm to my car?
Old 09-10-2006, 10:21 AM
Banned

Get some roach spray and try to avoid spraying on the areas of the panels that show. (Spray in the vents, etc.)

"Raid roach spray" is deady for 2 weeks, that should thin out the herd, and I doubt the queen is there so eventually they'll all die out. Just make sure you leave 0 food/liquid in the car 'till the ant farm goes away.
Old 09-10-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Apprentice

It looks as though they are after the bugs in the radiator and around the air intake openings... maybe they will clean it all off for me. im about to go and make sure there is nothing hiding under my seats/
Old 09-10-2006, 11:25 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FIREHAWK#608
Get some roach spray and try to avoid spraying on the areas of the panels that show. (Spray in the vents, etc.)

"Raid roach spray" is deady for 2 weeks, that should thin out the herd, and I doubt the queen is there so eventually they'll all die out. Just make sure you leave 0 food/liquid in the car 'till the ant farm goes away.
In the vents? So it can blow onto the passengers?
Old 09-10-2006, 03:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sounds like an ant horror movie lol. This happened to me years ago when i first started driving. What happened to me was i parked in the grass and when it rained hard it flooded the ants home so they turned my then mercury cougar into a new home. i got them out with a vacuum and spray. SPRAY THE **** OUT OF IT. Since then i will not park in grass unless i absolutely have to.
Old 09-10-2006, 03:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Bug sprays are dangerous... Read the label VERY WELL.
Old 09-10-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Resident

That sounds like a nightmare lol. not sure if it works on ants but you could try one of those coil inscent type mosquito killers Ive heard of guys using that to get rid of odors in the interior so it shouldnt be harmful to the car and its not wet so it shouldnt linger around and be harmful to you or your passengers later on. Maybe test it out somewhere before using it in your car but if you do make sure you set it in a pie pan or something so you dont torch your interior.