Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Need to Vent this

Old 09-10-2006, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need to Vent this

Sorry, I know this is not a street racing story, but I want to vent what just happened because I am angry and confused.

Just a little while ago I was coming back to my apt. on campus and I was driving 52mph in a 50mph zone, driving with the traffic. Then I went into the left turning lane to turn into my university campus and was sitting at the red light. There was a white toyota celica next to me in the right turning lane with a girl driving and I see her look back, so I looked back and there was a white unmarked SUV with police lights flashing pulling behind her in the turning lane. So I think to myself, "hmm, wonder what she did wrong". Then to my suprise, a police officer gets out of the car and knocks on my passenger side door (the passenger window was open) and says "how 'bout I take a look at your drivers license". He then goes over to the girl in the white celica and gets her license too. So now I am very confused because I have no idea what I might have done wrong . He then goes back to my passenger window and says "were you racing her?". I, shocked, say "what? no." "I wasn't racing anyone". He then says "I KNOW you were racing her, don't even try to lie to me". "I clocked you at 70mph". Know I am EXTREMELY confused and I say very calmly "sir I was going 52mph, I swear to God". He then says oh is that right, now pull over down that street". So me and that celica pull down this side street and the Police Officer pulls up behind us. He then comes up to my drivers side door (my power window motor is dead) and I open the door. He says "Why can't you roll down your window?" I reply "the power window motor is dead and it's stuck up". He asks me "where are you going". I said "to school". He says "you live here"? I said "yes". He then starts yelling at me that he KNOWS I was racing that girl and that we were at 70mph. I tried to explain to him that I was not racing, and that I was going 52mph according to my speedometer. I told him "I don't know if possibly my speedometer could be broken or something because I saw 52 as the highest speed I reached, I definitely did not go anywhere near 70mph". So he screams "you mean to tell me you KNOW were only going 52, were you looking at your speedometer?!!!" I said "yes". He yells "well then you mean to tell me you were paying attention to the speedometer and not to the road"!!!? I then said "I was paying attention to the road sir, but I was glancing at the speedometer too". He then screams at me "SHUT UP"!!!! And he walks over the the girl and starts yelling at her. He then comes back over to me and says "when I run this license, will you come out clean". I said "yes". And he goes inside and runs it and then comes back. He comes over to me and yells at me FURSIOULY "Ok, if I EVER catch you racing again on this street, I will impound your car and put you in jail for a year!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" "Do you understand?" I said very calmly "yes sir, but I was not racing". He then gets SOOOOOOOOO MADDDDD and says "are you arguing with me or listening to me!!!??" I replied "listening". And he screams at the top of his lungs "SO SHUTTTTT YOUUURRRR MOUTHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !". And he gave me back my license and said "your lucky today's a free day, because I know what your car looks like and I will be looking for you". I just nodded because I figured its best not to say anymore to this guy because he looked as if he wanted to KILL me.

Guys I KNOW I was going 52, I don't know WHERE he got 70mph from . ANd I definitely wasn't racing, I didn't even pay any mind to that celica. Plus I was being really nice, calm and respectful to the officer and he was yelling and screaming at me and not letting me talk as if I was being uncompliant. I'm sooo mad because I've never got pulled over before, and I certainly didn't want my first time getting pulled over to be over something I didn't even do!
Old 09-10-2006, 05:38 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thats a new one in my book. Maybe he was having a bad day?? Way to keep a cool head man, it just works the best that way. Maybe the Celica said you were trying to race her?? Maybe its that chicks way of hitting on you? Some people... friggin wierd.
Old 09-10-2006, 05:42 PM
Administrator

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula_X
Sorry, I know this is not a street racing story...
For future reference, if you start a post like this it's going to get locked.

Search this Thread