Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

c6 vs. me

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default c6 vs. me

so i am heading home from a late class friday night and as i pull up next to a c6 looked brand new think he even had temp tags on it. we were in traffic and i was just casually looking at his car, we catch a light side by side, wich is rare all in itself....you know how it seems like when your not out looking to race you always find them....My windows were down he looks over with a very smug face and yells. "How much horsepower"....i was like 325 its pretty much stock....his reply...word for word...."ha 400" then he laughs and revs his engine up.....well my friends that was it. i was thinking this sob ill prolly loose but im gonna give it hell... the funny thing is those cars a very quiet kina sounded like a full size truck, i reved it...now, the bad thing is i have one broken motor mount and i swore to myself no racing until this is fixed but seriosly this guy was a cocky *******....so the light goes green, i get out of the hole perfect and instantly jump him about a half a car,the entire time he is barely and i mean barely walking up on me untill the top of third were he finnaly got his rear tailights about by my door, so half a length..i had to shut down after all we were in the middle of town doing around 50 over,,, i was so happy i could have pissed myself not only did he spend way way more money than i did but his car only barely inched me out...now im sure if we would of not stopped he would have started pulling harder up top but still it was one of those moments were i loved my car and felt great...so what the hell i thought those were crazy fast stock???? it sounded like an auto by the way it shifted...did he spin like crazy on the launch...wtf i dont understand......after that i caught him in traffic and yelled....."you spend to much money!!"" lol look on his face was priceless....yes i lost in the end but was a good close loss and hopefully made that guy not so cocky............and hey i dont mean to bash c6s in any way i love them and i do know that they are sick rides and i would love to be able to afford one...maybe this one was just a freak in a bad way...??
Old 09-11-2006, 11:53 AM
10 Second Club

Hey **** happens man. Maybe you taught him a lesson. He may have seen a new light and realized he looked real stupid. He cud have spun he cud be a jackas driver but who cares he shud be a little more humbled after that
Old 09-11-2006, 11:58 AM
Staging Lane

and by the way on the way home i realized the other motor mount was gone.....shaken like crazy...ohwell was worth it
Old 09-11-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hopefully that made him realize his car is not the fastest thing on the street.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:23 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BayAreaSS
Hopefully that made him realize his car is not the fastest thing on the street.
Everybody thinks they have the fastest car.................................untill they get beat.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by M3Corvette
Everybody thinks they have the fastest car.................................untill they get beat.
Old 09-11-2006, 06:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

"spent too much money"

How do you figure? Granted, he sounds kinda gay by how you describe him but....he passed you by third gear.....sounds like he would have kept on pulling...and pulling...and pulling.
Old 09-12-2006, 12:09 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SpringtowN
so i am heading home from a late class friday night and as i pull up next to a c6 looked brand new think he even had temp tags on it. we were in traffic and i was just casually looking at his car, we catch a light side by side, wich is rare all in itself....you know how it seems like when your not out looking to race you always find them....My windows were down he looks over with a very smug face and yells. "How much horsepower"....i was like 325 its pretty much stock....his reply...word for word...."ha 400" then he laughs and revs his engine up.....well my friends that was it. i was thinking this sob ill prolly loose but im gonna give it hell... the funny thing is those cars a very quiet kina sounded like a full size truck, i reved it...now, the bad thing is i have one broken motor mount and i swore to myself no racing until this is fixed but seriosly this guy was a cocky *******....so the light goes green, i get out of the hole perfect and instantly jump him about a half a car,the entire time he is barely and i mean barely walking up on me untill the top of third were he finnaly got his rear tailights about by my door, so half a length..i had to shut down after all we were in the middle of town doing around 50 over,,, i was so happy i could have pissed myself not only did he spend way way more money than i did but his car only barely inched me out...now im sure if we would of not stopped he would have started pulling harder up top but still it was one of those moments were i loved my car and felt great...so what the hell i thought those were crazy fast stock???? it sounded like an auto by the way it shifted...did he spin like crazy on the launch...wtf i dont understand......after that i caught him in traffic and yelled....."you spend to much money!!"" lol look on his face was priceless....yes i lost in the end but was a good close loss and hopefully made that guy not so cocky............and hey i dont mean to bash c6s in any way i love them and i do know that they are sick rides and i would love to be able to afford one...maybe this one was just a freak in a bad way...??
nice kill, any track times or dyno numbers?