Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

your thoughts. Carbon Fiber WS9 style hood

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 02:10 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default your thoughts. Carbon Fiber WS9 style hood

we should start a thread, done. We want a carbon fiber version of the exact WS9 hood, paintable, for our Trans Ams... yes?
VFN? Roger? You think this could ever be a possibility. Hell, I wish i could at least get a regular WS9 hood, for my TA!!! I cant find it anywhere, since Roger quit the production... Chime in TA guys!!!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:02 PM
TECH Junkie

VFN hasn't started WS9 production? and if they did, they can make most, if not all, of their products in CF.
Old 09-12-2006, 05:06 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with a carbon fiber hood anything. The price of CF is so ridiculous a lot of people won't make a new product out of it. It'd be too expensive to produce and sell on a massive level. VFN won't even cover the scoop on their 3in SS hood in CF for me...even if I supply it! You may be able to buy the WS9 hood, then the carbon fiber cloth, and pay someone to wrap it. That would still be VERY costly.

Another option would be using aluminized fiberglass. It is much cheaper and more available (but heavier). It is a little harder to work, but you'd get the same result for less money. I am going to use that for my interior pieces. However, I think I'll dish out the coin for the hood...but I'm only wrapping a scoop, not making a whole hood! Good luck!
Old 09-12-2006, 05:07 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Phoenix 5.7 they won't make anything in CF anymore. I've called and e-mailed and offered to pay more and supply the CF, still a big fat NO. Sucks..
Old 09-12-2006, 10:26 PM
On The Tree

aww too bad
Old 09-12-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Junkie

i guess the cost of CF has gone up just too damn much for it to be reasonable for them to deal with it