Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AIR problem?

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 11:17 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AIR problem?

anyone ever had an issue with ur AIR pump or do u all just get rid of all that crap?

I'm asking cuz for a while now, i've been hearing a loud whistling sound which i belive is coming from somewhere in the AIR system since it happens at start up after the car has sit for about and hour or two then the noise shuts of like in a minute or two. (oh..and it does only happen after the car has sit a bit, i haven't heard that loud noise on a cold start) now i know you'll hear the pump during normal operation, but this sound is pretty loud and u can hear it coming out the tailpipe too.

could this be a problem related to the AIR system...or anyone think it could be something else?
Old 09-12-2006, 11:18 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sound like the AIR pump to me - mine started making a real bad squealing sound. I just removed it and deleted the codes....
Old 09-13-2006, 08:37 PM
Staging Lane

is it much of a hassle to take it off and then have to put it back on? since im in Cali, i'd have to put it back on when i have to get my car smoged.
Old 09-13-2006, 11:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, didn't see your sig....crap. well i would try to get a working one from someone on this board that took theirs off. they are not hard at all to get at. the plastic panel in front of the drivers front tire drops down so you can get at the pump. search for "air removal" and you will get lots of info
Old 09-14-2006, 07:57 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Grimes
wow, didn't see your sig....crap. well i would try to get a working one from someone on this board that took theirs off. they are not hard at all to get at. the plastic panel in front of the drivers front tire drops down so you can get at the pump. search for "air removal" and you will get lots of info
yeah i guess that probably would be my best option. thanks for the input.