Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

02' WS6 vs. 03' EVO

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 02' WS6 vs. 03' EVO

Alright I had bought a 02' WS6 with a blown motor and rearend for $3,000. Well long story short I bought a built 10-bolt w/3.73's off my friend and a completly rebuilt LS1 with LS6 cam w/ LS6 clutch for $2,000 but me giving my old motor to him. We had finished putting the new motor in 2 days ago and I racked 400 miles on it by last night and by today it already has 450 on it, . Well last night we rechecked everything and my friend who did most of the work said this is the best work he has ever done and it showed to me. Well I get a call from a friend who said there is this EVO at the local spot looking for a race. So me and my friends head over and pull in. As I get out of my car, couple people who know me come over to see the new car, and are all creaming their pants as I rev up. Well people start telling me that this EVO beat some whack cars like a 98 GT, 01' GT, and a 95 T/A and thinks his **** is the fastest. Well he finally comes over with his buddy who has a regular WRX. He then asks is this the car that is going to run me because I smoked one of these before. I laugh and tell him that this is a LS1 and not a LT1. He then has a whatever look and says well how much you want to run for. When I heard that I was going to jump in my car and go get my Cobra. But my friend said **** it man, you can probably get him. I reach into my pocket and grab my wallet and see that I have only $50 on me. He accepts and we go out. As I'm at a light going to the spot I practice a launch from 1700rpm and the car burns out and then goes. We get out to the spot and I do couple more practice launchs and they are feeling good. Well the EVO comes up. I do a slight burnout and line up. I rev up to 1700 and the flagger drops his hands. The EVO launchs like a **** and has 3 cars already on me. But as I bang 2nd my car feels great and starts pulling back. I hit 3rd and I am about half a car back and start pulling crazy. I tap 4th and shut off the race and I am about 2.5 cars on him. I go back and get my money and we go back to the local hangout. The owner of the EVO comes and asks me if Im squeezing like most import owners and I tell him no while I was laughing. I pop the hood so everyone can see, and I ask him what he has, and he says uhhhhhh bone stock and walks off. As he took off I laughed because I heard his exhaust. Dont know what else it had tho.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:34 PM
Teching In

Nice one, sounds like that evo owner needed a reality check.
Cool of you to man up and race from a dig too, most people I come across won't.
Old 09-13-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

good kill. Im glad you killed some of his confidence.
Old 09-13-2006, 04:54 PM
TECH Regular

Good stuff, aspecially since the race was from a stop, great kill.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by RED04Z06
Alright I had bought a 02' WS6 with a blown motor and rearend for $3,000. Well long story short I bought a built 10-bolt w/3.73's off my friend and a completly rebuilt LS1 with LS6 cam w/ LS6 clutch for $2,000 but me giving my old motor to him. We had finished putting the new motor in 2 days ago and I racked 400 miles on it by last night and by today it already has 450 on it, . Well last night we rechecked everything and my friend who did most of the work said this is the best work he has ever done and it showed to me. Well I get a call from a friend who said there is this EVO at the local spot looking for a race. So me and my friends head over and pull in. As I get out of my car, couple people who know me come over to see the new car, and are all creaming their pants as I rev up. Well people start telling me that this EVO beat some whack cars like a 98 GT, 01' GT, and a 95 T/A and thinks his **** is the fastest. Well he finally comes over with his buddy who has a regular WRX. He then asks is this the car that is going to run me because I smoked one of these before. I laugh and tell him that this is a LS1 and not a LT1. He then has a whatever look and says well how much you want to run for. When I heard that I was going to jump in my car and go get my Cobra. But my friend said **** it man, you can probably get him. I reach into my pocket and grab my wallet and see that I have only $50 on me. He accepts and we go out. As I'm at a light going to the spot I practice a launch from 1700rpm and the car burns out and then goes. We get out to the spot and I do couple more practice launchs and they are feeling good. Well the EVO comes up. I do a slight burnout and line up. I rev up to 1700 and the flagger drops his hands. The EVO launchs like a **** and has 3 cars already on me. But as I bang 2nd my car feels great and starts pulling back. I hit 3rd and I am about half a car back and start pulling crazy. I tap 4th and shut off the race and I am about 2.5 cars on him. I go back and get my money and we go back to the local hangout. The owner of the EVO comes and asks me if Im squeezing like most import owners and I tell him no while I was laughing. I pop the hood so everyone can see, and I ask him what he has, and he says uhhhhhh bone stock and walks off. As he took off I laughed because I heard his exhaust. Dont know what else it had tho.
Nice kill man!!! $3000 for 02 WS6 and everything together still prob less than $8000. Sounds like a hell of a deal. And by the way in your sig you said you got the 04 Cobra for free, now how the hell did that happen? Sounds like you get all kinds of good deals man.
Old 09-13-2006, 05:08 PM
TECH Addict

Old 09-13-2006, 07:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

awesome kill man. he definitely needed that.

The owner of the EVO comes and asks me if Im squeezing like most import owners and I tell him no while I was laughing.
squeezing? what does that mean?
Old 09-13-2006, 07:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by sdm1234
squeezing? what does that mean?
Nitrous.
Good kill man. Good thing you didn't get the Cobra though, probably woulda scared him away.
Old 09-13-2006, 09:11 PM
Banned

Nice kill.

Evo drivers are just like all the other import ricers, total toolbags. They think their riceburner is the fastest car on the planet, "V8's can't hang dawg"
Old 09-14-2006, 12:44 AM
Staging Lane

Damn do you work for an insurance company and buy all the totalled cars?
Old 09-14-2006, 07:26 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

freaking awesome kill some of those evos can be sick better watch out..
Old 09-14-2006, 08:19 AM
Teching In

Nice kill.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon
Nice kill.

Evo drivers are just like all the other import ricers, total toolbags. They think their riceburner is the fastest car on the planet, "V8's can't hang dawg"
Yeah thats right.. But I'm guessing that EVO runs better then 13.1 so he would smoke your ***.

To the OP.. WOW you have a crazy car line up with less then 10k spent.. I might have you help me shop for my next car.. Good kill.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:41 AM
TECH Resident

nice kill. i bet that evo has more than exhaust.
Old 09-14-2006, 10:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn dude how did you get that cobra for free and then get a 02 WS6 for $3000???

good kill!
Old 09-14-2006, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha since I asked him like a million times he got the cobra for free from a relative, and the ws6 had a blown engine and rear so he got the shell for 3K, which is still rediculous. Nice kill on the Evo though!
Old 09-14-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Damn, thats a serious car for free man.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:08 PM
Teching In

HaHa, yah I should post it in my sig. I had an uncle though who had surgery and couldnt drive stick no more and he gave me his Cobra. The WS6 was a local car owned by some youngster who thought it would be funny to throw slicks and launch it at 5500, well didnt go out to well, and I got the car . But yah that Evo owner was stupidass. If he ever does something big to his car and tries to run the WS6 again, Ill just wait for my KB 2.6 for the Cobra and then race him, lol.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

HaHa, yah I should post it in my sig. I had an uncle though who had surgery and couldnt drive stick no more and he gave me his Cobra. The WS6 was a local car owned by some youngster who thought it would be funny to throw slicks and launch it at 5500, well didnt go out to well, and I got the car . But yah that Evo owner was stupidass. If he ever does something big to his car and tries to run the WS6 again, Ill just wait for my KB 2.6 for the Cobra and then race him, lol.

he tried to launch at 5500??

what the hell was he thinking?
Old 09-14-2006, 03:58 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by WRX-ERROR
Yeah thats right.. But I'm guessing that EVO runs better then 13.1 so he would smoke your ***.

To the OP.. WOW you have a crazy car line up with less then 10k spent.. I might have you help me shop for my next car.. Good kill.
My car runs faster than a 13.1, and no he wouldn't "smoke my ***" you ricer.

I knew some toolbag would come in here and start defending the Evo