Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

car running hotter than normal?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 06:45 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default car running hotter than normal?

i have noticed my car running hotter than normal lately, iT HAS BEEN OVER 200 + degrees lately, i am running a 160 stat and programmed the fans to work in conjunction with the stat, i also put in new coolant and a new cap, i live in Sacramento and it has been close to 100 degrees of late. I dont know if its the water pump that is not working or maybe its just the heat that has made my car run hotter than usual, everything else seems fine, the fans turn on when they are supposed to, there are no leaks that i can detect, or maybe the stat needs replacing. any advice will be appreciated thanks
Old 09-14-2006, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Man jus from what i experienced look at your oil real close and make sure there is no water in it. It will be kinda milky lookin. my car did that a couple months ago and i changed the stat. water pump, cap and it didn't fix it. and i took my oil cap off and look in the cap and seen water and my car was still runnin perfectly fine the head gasket was jus seepin water so not tryin to ginx ya but check that.
Old 09-14-2006, 11:35 AM
10 Second Club

the stock gauges are not accurate at all. my car says i run at 200, but i have a 160 stat.

dont worry about what temps you are running, im sure you are fine. only start to worry if it really jumps IMO
Old 09-14-2006, 12:13 PM
12 Second Club

the oil looked fine, i will double check it again though, the stock gauges do suck thats why i check the temps with my predator, i am going to take it for a drive today, it is considerably cooler today so i will see if the temps rise fast again. thanks fellas
Old 09-14-2006, 03:42 PM
12 Second Club

well i took it for a spin, some stop and go and some spirited runs, the hottest i saw it go was about 195. still kind of high from what i remember, but a lot better than the past few days. i checked the oil and it looks good, the oil in my catch can looks fine, i see no goop in the coolant, i might just get it flushed, and maybe lower my fan temps more. thanks .