LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Cartek Is Where Its At.

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 09:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Cartek Is Where Its At.

Almost two years ago, I had A competitor of Cartek install a cam/tune in my 97 c5. The work that was performed was more than half a__. The car came back with scratches, there was grease on my seat, and it ran like complete crap. The tune was horible. It didnt want to Idle. There was always an SES light the was thrown. The work was not finished at or even near the deadline. I also to make several trips to Clifton because the work sucked, and things neede to be fixed. Most of all the this company's professionalism did not exist.After all of this suff happened, i posted my experience on here about this company and was bashed by there followers, and them.
I didnt drive my car for the last two years because it ran like crap, and i didnt have the money to fix it. I saved up an bought some AFR heads/injectors and installed them. I brought it over to Cartek and had it tuned. This is what I experienced there. Professionlism, Courtesy, Cleanliness, and to top it off, the work was done when it was said it would be done. On the stock 97 block w/47k miles with stock rear, Slp's afr's heads, TTCRAP cam, 36lb flow matched injectors, full exhaust, OEM intake man/tb Donaldson intake, A heat soaked engine and a great tune from Julio at Cartek It hit 433hp/398lbfttq. The car idles perfect at 900rpm. It doesnt hunt up or down, there are no SES lights Most of all, It was tuned right.
Dont waste your time, money or aggrevation anywhere else. Just go to Cartek.
Thank you Julio for tuning my car right the first time. Thanks for keeping my car clean and for being punctual with the completion time. You guys kick ***.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:05 PM
Banned

This is funny.. AFter we bent over backwards to help you. Your crank pulley was f**ked up by the person that you bought the car from before. We stay until 10pm at night to finish the car because of an oil leak that was caused by your provided parts. We offer to drive you home, and trailer the car back home but instead you insist you must drive it home.. Then we fix the oil leak for absolutely nothing, pushing people out of schedule just to accomodate you immediately. Then you claim we "went through a dunkin donuts drive-thru" with your car making a yellow line on the drivers side mirror, when I would never take a customers car out without them knowing, nor do I have anything yellow painted in my previous shop. After all of that I even offered to fix the scratch for absolutely nothing.

I am impressed by the power their Equalizer Cam made. And their tune is good in the cold weather. The A/F ratio was next to perfect on the wideband.
It's funny how you change your story now that the tune was crap.

You never informed me of a light.

Guess we suck because we gave you an insane deal on our TTPCRAP cam, fixed an oil leak with your crank pulley that took 4 hours of labor including all the gaskets for free, and offered to fix a scratch on your car that we didnt even put on there. If that is the case, we are horrible and should close shop I guess.

Here is the original complaint thread for everyone to read:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/287854-my-experience-w-ttp.html

Last edited by TTPMatt; 09-14-2006 at 03:12 PM.
Old 09-14-2006, 03:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

"We stay until 10pm at night to finish the car because of an oil leak that was caused by your provided parts" Was a factory pulley, that didnt leak, until you took it off and put it back on.
"We offer to drive you home, and trailer the car back home but instead you insist you must drive it home" Never happened.

Look, the thing never ran right after you worked on it. I had a bad experience with your company. It is what it is.
If people like your work, good for them. I didn't.
I did post A great experience from a company. Cartek is where its at. You can bash me all you want. I dont care. I do know I should have had Cartek do my original work for me. I would have never had to deal with this SH_T. Thanx Matt.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:04 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I would say you should let it go and move on.
What's done is done.
If you read the last thread you started and took a talley of those who thought TTP was really a bad company based on your story VS those who think TTP did what they could you will see its about a 10-1 advantage towards TTP doing what they can.

What does that mean???
That means that you are in the wrong, and over reacted. I mean if everyone thinks one way and your the only one with a different oponion your probally wrong.
Oh wait there was the other guy that agreed with you, remember the guy who still has only 1 post.

Congs on haveing a good experience at Cartech, but let it be.
This thread should have been about 2 sentences and should have not even brought up you experience elsewhere.
Old 09-20-2006, 08:21 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Maxmumboom
Almost two years ago, I had A competitor of Cartek install a cam/tune in my 97 c5. The work that was performed was more than half a__. The car came back with scratches, there was grease on my seat, and it ran like complete crap. The tune was horible. It didnt want to Idle. There was always an SES light the was thrown. The work was not finished at or even near the deadline. I also to make several trips to Clifton because the work sucked, and things neede to be fixed. Most of all the this company's professionalism did not exist.After all of this suff happened, i posted my experience on here about this company and was bashed by there followers, and them.
I didnt drive my car for the last two years because it ran like crap, and i didnt have the money to fix it. I saved up an bought some AFR heads/injectors and installed them. I brought it over to Cartek and had it tuned. This is what I experienced there. Professionlism, Courtesy, Cleanliness, and to top it off, the work was done when it was said it would be done. On the stock 97 block w/47k miles with stock rear, Slp's afr's heads, TTCRAP cam, 36lb flow matched injectors, full exhaust, OEM intake man/tb Donaldson intake, A heat soaked engine and a great tune from Julio at Cartek It hit 433hp/398lbfttq. The car idles perfect at 900rpm. It doesnt hunt up or down, there are no SES lights Most of all, It was tuned right.
Dont waste your time, money or aggrevation anywhere else. Just go to Cartek.
Thank you Julio for tuning my car right the first time. Thanks for keeping my car clean and for being punctual with the completion time. You guys kick ***.

I'm glad to see you had a great experience with Cartek. I've said it all along they are a top notch shop! Dave loves to talk and will spend hours with you going over different combo's, suggestions and tech info !! Julio is an amazing tuner with YEARS of experience in tuning these LSx motors!

Both Dave and Julio don't have much time to spend on here as they are mad busy, which I'm sure you realize. Rest assured I will tell them of your kind comments, they will appreciate it greatly!

Mike
Old 09-26-2006, 01:29 AM
Banned

Thanks for the props Maxmumboom, Big Mike.