Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Nissan Skyline vs 98 Z28!

Old 09-14-2006, 03:56 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Nissan Skyline vs 98 Z28!

Coming back from a drug test on RT9 north, i heard a buzzing but deep exhaust note a few cars ahead of me. When i stopped at a light i casually glance up to see what it was, at first it just looked like a regular car, but upon closer inspection i saw the GTR symbol on the back. It was an R33 Skyline, right hand drive and everything.
I did a little...."questionable" driving to get up next to him, as this is the only chance i would have to see, much less race a Skyline. I pulled up on his right (driver) side and told him he had a sick car and i had never seen one on the road, it was a mid 20's hispanic looking guy and he told me thanks and that he doesnt really drive it but was in the process of moving it to a new garage, i said that was cool and asked him if he wanted to run, he said sure at the next light from a dig. We sped up a little bit to get away from traffic, and lined up at a light.
Race 1
Light turns red and we slow to a stop. I turn ASR off and take the car from [D] in to D. I watch for the intersection light to turn red and get ready to punch it. The light turns green and i slam the gas, i hear his wheels squeak just a little bit, but at that moment i know i have him, i dead hook, no spin at all. I pull just over a fender on him and chirp second, he begins to make a slow comback, inching up to almost even, as i hit third i begin to creep away from him, and by just over 110 when we shut down his front bumper was less than a foot behind my rear bumper. We slow down to around 40.
Race 2
He yells "whooo!" and says "again?". I reply with a "hell yea" and he starts to slow down. I know, being an A4 that im at a disadvantage from a roll, but my only hope was to avoid the A4 dead spot, so i keep slowing down until about 25. Take the car out of [D] and put it in D. He beeps 3 times and I hit the gas so hard my foot almost went through the firewall. My car quickly shifts into first and takes off, i hit second with a screech and can hear his exhaust getting louder and louder as his car slowly inches passed me. At about 100 mph i begin to close the gap. Just passing him by about 125 mph. As my fender passes his i hear him let out and begin to slow down.
We slow down to about 40 and i tell him good races, he says the same and asks "what do you have done to it?". I tell him i just have a catback. And ask him the same, he says turbo back exhaust and boost controller, then he tells me the car has 15,000 miles on it
Great races, cool guy....its a shame that there are so few of those cars around, it was beautiful.

Cliff notes for lazy
98 Z28 A4 with crappy flowmaster "catback" vs 95 ish R33 Skyline GTR with turboback exhaust and boost controller (don't know how much boost)
2 races, dig, me by half a car, 25-125 roll, me by inches
Old 09-14-2006, 04:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

bad *** man..those are sweet cars
Old 09-14-2006, 04:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Very nice. I would have asked to get a ride in it, since you'll probably never see another one again.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:38 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Nice man, VERY nice kill, good writing too.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:44 PM
Banned

^ Agreed. Story was presented well.

The Skyline is and will always be a great competitor. Whether or not they are in stock form or modded, I don't know anyone who would pass up a run with one.

Good Runs
Old 09-14-2006, 04:51 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds about right to me nice kill
Old 09-14-2006, 04:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Cool story bro. We have a Skyline that races here in San Diego at Qualcom Stadium.
Old 09-14-2006, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

im jealous. that is indeed a rare car. last i read, there were only 85 to 100 liscensed to be driven in the u.s. and most are owned by aftermarket companies doing product work on them or by big hollywood. either way, congrads.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:09 PM
Teching In

Very nice story and good kill at that. FWIW, the only Skylines that can be imported and legalized for highway driving in the U.S. are R33s. My best GTRs anway. Cool.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

nice runs. hey guys just out of curiosity, is it better to be in OD or D?
Old 09-14-2006, 05:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

D because it turns off your OD...

But if I'm not mistaken, when you're WOT your auto won't kick into OD anyway.
Old 09-14-2006, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by diambo4life
Very nice story and good kill at that. FWIW, the only Skylines that can be imported and legalized for highway driving in the U.S. are R33s. My best GTRs anway. Cool.
not completely true, i have a friend (rich ******) that has a R34 GTR and drives it on the street legally and another friend that owns a import shop that has a R32 and drives it on the street
Old 09-14-2006, 05:56 PM
Launching!

cool story, overhere i see skylines all over.. some are really modded "1000 hps and some" but i didn't have the chance to get one yet...
Old 09-14-2006, 06:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by OldLT1
Coming back from a drug test on RT9 north, i heard a buzzing but deep exhaust note a few cars ahead of me. When i stopped at a light i casually glance up to see what it was, at first it just looked like a regular car, but upon closer inspection i saw the GTR symbol on the back. It was an R33 Skyline, right hand drive and everything.
I did a little...."questionable" driving to get up next to him, as this is the only chance i would have to see, much less race a Skyline. I pulled up on his right (driver) side and told him he had a sick car and i had never seen one on the road, it was a mid 20's hispanic looking guy and he told me thanks and that he doesnt really drive it but was in the process of moving it to a new garage, i said that was cool and asked him if he wanted to run, he said sure at the next light from a dig. We sped up a little bit to get away from traffic, and lined up at a light.
Race 1
Light turns red and we slow to a stop. I turn ASR off and take the car from [D] in to D. I watch for the intersection light to turn red and get ready to punch it. The light turns green and i slam the gas, i hear his wheels squeak just a little bit, but at that moment i know i have him, i dead hook, no spin at all. I pull just over a fender on him and chirp second, he begins to make a slow comback, inching up to almost even, as i hit third i begin to creep away from him, and by just over 110 when we shut down his front bumper was less than a foot behind my rear bumper. We slow down to around 40.
Race 2
He yells "whooo!" and says "again?". I reply with a "hell yea" and he starts to slow down. I know, being an A4 that im at a disadvantage from a roll, but my only hope was to avoid the A4 dead spot, so i keep slowing down until about 25. Take the car out of [D] and put it in D. He beeps 3 times and I hit the gas so hard my foot almost went through the firewall. My car quickly shifts into first and takes off, i hit second with a screech and can hear his exhaust getting louder and louder as his car slowly inches passed me. At about 100 mph i begin to close the gap. Just passing him by about 125 mph. As my fender passes his i hear him let out and begin to slow down.
We slow down to about 40 and i tell him good races, he says the same and asks "what do you have done to it?". I tell him i just have a catback. And ask him the same, he says turbo back exhaust and boost controller, then he tells me the car has 15,000 miles on it
Great races, cool guy....its a shame that there are so few of those cars around, it was beautiful.

Cliff notes for lazy
98 Z28 A4 with crappy flowmaster "catback" vs 95 ish R33 Skyline GTR with turboback exhaust and boost controller (don't know how much boost)
2 races, dig, me by half a car, 25-125 roll, me by inches

Nice race but was he playing with you? R33 does high 12's bone stock. If he had a turbo back exhaust and boost controller that should make him sufficiently quicker. Just wondering
Old 09-14-2006, 06:32 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by DANS LS1
Nice race but was he playing with you? R33 does high 12's bone stock. If he had a turbo back exhaust and boost controller that should make him sufficiently quicker. Just wondering
More like mid to high 13's
Old 09-14-2006, 06:41 PM
On The Tree

In canada there are alot of skylines now. You can import anything from japan thats 15 year old. I drove my friends 600hp r32 and from a roll in first when you hit 6000 rpms it just starts spinning and wont stop til you let out, its a blast, my other buddy has a r32 with just an intercooler and full exhaust. he ran 13.9 @100 (3500 ft above sea level) FWIW
Old 09-14-2006, 07:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Skylines are about 13 flat stock, about the same as a Supra. You can tell he doesn't have much behind the wheel time since he didn't get you outta the hole since the GTR's are AWD. Nice and rare kill.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DANS LS1
And here comes the import troll brigade

Did it sound like he was "playing"?? No, it didn't he was definitely giving it all he had. Otherwise he wouldn't have lost you toolbag.

Just accept the fact that your precious Jap crap isn't as fast as you'd like to think it is. There always an excuse, and every ricer runs 12's "with a turboback and Boost controller" according to clowns like you
Old 09-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon

Did it sound like he was "playing"?? No, it didn't he was definitely giving it all he had. Otherwise he wouldn't have lost you toolbag.

Just accept the fact that your precious Jap crap isn't as fast as you'd like to think it is. There always an excuse, and every ricer runs 12's "with a turboback and Boost controller" according to clowns like you

Awesome post. I also enjoyed your other post in the Evo thread. Keep up the good work.
Old 09-14-2006, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Domestic Demon

For the first time, I concur. Enough of the "what ifs." This car lost.

Search this Thread