Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default need help with a fuel set up

looking to run 600 700 rwhp
i have a a1000 fuel pump
6an supply fuel line and stock return line
sx perfromance fuel pressure regulator with vacum/boost port
42 lb injectors
stock fuel rails

now do i need bigger/aftermarket fuel rails?
do i run 55 to 60 psi fuel pressure or what ?
do i need a bigger fuel injector?
what do you recomend?

what would be the best set up useing as much of the parts i have to make a good soild system to support the horsepower and be able to be street driven daily?

thank you for any help
Old 09-15-2006, 08:54 AM
On The Tree

Crittpen,

I see one problem that will cost you $300 if you hook that fuel system up. The Aeomotive A1000 requires a -10AN feed line. If you hook it up to that -6AN you will be buying a new pump shortly. And don't forget to put a 100micron fuel filter on the suction side of that pump (part # 12304). Oh, and you can use the -6AN line from the pump to the rail, but recommend going to a -8AN line. Then you could use that -6AN line for your return. I have some questions for you. Are your forced induction? If so, with 700 rwhp you will be looking at a little over 800 hp at the crank. The A1000 is rated at 800 forced induction at the crank. So make sure your system is up to par or you could have more problems. I would go ahead and get bigger rails (part # 14106). You have already spent all this money on your engine and the fuel system is what will protect your investment. Skimp on the fuel system and you will damage the motor. As far a fuel pressure and injector size, that will be up to your tuner. Good Luck!
Old 09-15-2006, 09:15 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by C5Fire
I see one problem that will cost you $300 if you hook that fuel system up. The Aeomotive A1000 requires a -10AN feed line. If you hook it up to that -6AN you will be buying a new pump shortly. And don't forget to put a 100micron fuel filter on the suction side of that pump (part # 12304).
I know that that is helpful advice and good for the pump but the Aeromotive LT1 complete fuel system is fed by the steel 3/8"ish factory feed line which should not substantially differ from the -6 line he was planning to run.

So if its good for the goose..........

Last edited by andereck; 09-15-2006 at 09:20 AM.
Old 09-15-2006, 09:56 AM
On The Tree

andereck,

Good point about the LT1 kit. FYI, I called Aeromotive's tech line awhile back and spoke with Brett about that kit. One thing he mentioned, when that kit was designed, the flow of the 11101 was half what it is now. I guess, back in the day, the smaller feed was OK, now he suggests that a 5/8" pickup should be fabricated so the pump doesn't starve.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Resident

Ya, they should look at that kit again. The LTx platform is still very popular. I mean they aren't putting regulators on Mustangs anymore, nor is there room to install an A1000 inside the new saddle tank. Gotta revisit the older popular stuff, ya know?
Old 09-15-2006, 12:25 PM
Teching In

some good info here thanks guys

and thats why i am asking them, got some tied up in this set up and dont want to throw it down the exhaust pipe when i stomp on it

yes running forced induction but i really dont think i am going to be that far up towards 700 probally be lucky to get over 600 at the wheels to tell you the truth
i got a small supercharger vortech v-9
it all started at just putting that on with some exhaust but now
i got a ls6 intake,ported throttle body, set of gtp stage 2 heads,futrual motorsports FM7cam, forged bottom end with wisco dished blower pistons. I have been going at this step by step but if i knew if i was going to end up around here i would have done a bigger supercharger and like a 370 or 408, but again i am not sure where i am going to be hp but i would rather have more thant enough than not enough. That way if i get to intchin for more i can change out the pully and have it retuned other than doing this all over again. Down the road.

i plan on mounting the pump below the sump and feed it with either 10an or 12an i have a 40 mircon filter i will use that on the output side or should i use it on the inlet side?
Old 09-15-2006, 12:43 PM
TECH Resident

Your 42# injectors are going to be good for about 680 hp (flywheel) @ 58 psi and an 85% duty cycle. This is assuming the injectors are from Ford and rated at 40 psi.

50# injectors about 780 hp @ 58 psi. This is assuming they're rated at 43.5 psi and ran at 58. If you don't run an external regulator and boost reference it then the injectors will flow less under boost.

Use the 40 micron filter on the outlet side. 100 micron on the inlet or nothing at all if all you use is pump gas from a reputable station. Their filters are 1 micron in order to trap water.