Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Overheating

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2006, 11:02 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Overheating

Ok I had just installed a low and hi manual fan swith that I had made myself. I did the search and followed the wiring diagram for the "do it yourself". The fans turn on great and work the way I expected except that now the car overheats! I dont know what happened..I checked everything that I knew of and then finally gave up and took it to a mechanic down the street. They couldnt figure it out either, they said nothin was wrong and the thermostat and everything else is working just fine. I know I had to have screwed sumpin up but what?? any help greatly appreciated
Old 09-15-2006, 04:35 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you take your switch back out of the circuit do the fans run normally?
Old 09-15-2006, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

somebody told me that usually if you are having over heating problems, and you know that everything is ok. then all you need to do is install two T-70 turbos and it fixes it. just what i heard man.
Old 09-15-2006, 05:19 PM
On The Tree

Okay I dont know if this is a coincidence but the thermostat busted into a bunch of peices, im now having to flush it out and then run a check with the new thermostat...The fans do werk noramlly if i undo my manual fan switch as well..Ill let u know if anything else is screwed up when im done