Old 09-18-2006, 10:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default number 2 slave cylinder nuked. why? need fixed before RSD

car: 2001 z28 m6
100,xxx miles
bolt on 360rwhp

drivetrain:
factory clutch (still does not slip and engages fine)
factory hydraulics

here is the situation. About one year ago around the 85,xxx mark. My slave cylinder started to leak. So I replaced it. Upon replacement I saw that the throw out bearing and slave was destroyed, parts from both flew around the bell-housing leaving small holes in the bellhousing.

Well I replaced the slave cylinder, bled that system and everything worked great until now, a year later.

I have again heard a couple of noises from the bellhousing, but the car has still been drivable and nothing was leaking.

Well this weekend I drain out all of the hydraulic fluid, performed the "drill mod", and also wrapped the braided hose from the master to the slave with heat wrap. (The LT headers where gettting the fluid too hot).

So now I finish things up, fill the car up with hydraulic fluid and bleed the system with one of my friends. Well an hour after bleeding and I still dont have a clutch pedal.

so i have some questions:

how long can it take to bleed the system? (manual way with, depress clutch, bleed-tighten, release clutch. repeat process)

secondly. assuming that my slave is again shot, (which i am) what could be causing this?

in ex: maybe a bent finger on the pressure plate ripping apart the throw out bearing.

PARTS NEEDED:

This winter I wanted to install a mccleod clutch/belhousing/master cylinder along with the engine build I am doing.

BUT right now I want to keep my car on the road and run RSDs this weekend, so I want to get my car back together and updated but with a budget.

I was thinking if I have to replace the slave again I will also install an ls7 clutch or a good used clutch, new slave and a solid belhousing since mine looks like swiss cheese (literally)

So who has:

t56 bellhousing
ls7 or a good used clutch

any and all advice is appreciated... thanks guys and see you at RSD....