Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Lower it!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Lower it!

It doesn't matter what you do or don't have on your car. It doesn't matter what it looks like or how much horsepower it has. It doesn't matter if you're only asking how to get tree sap off of your car. LOWER IT!!$#%((@*#*#@@!$~! It will answer every appearance question you have. It might even fix your tuning problems. Who knows. Just do it so you can get a straight answer about what you're really asking and what you actually care to get feedback on.

Now that that's taken care of, can one of the mods please make this a sticky so everyone doesn't have to see this comment posted 30 times in each detailing thread? Thaaaaaaaanks.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:54 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

LMAO. So true, unless the car has been driven hard and raced often, causing the springs to sag. My first '98 Formula looked lowered with the factory springs after about 1,000+ passes down the drag strip and 50K miles on it. Everyone always asked what springs I had, haha.

Tony
Old 09-18-2006, 02:58 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Excellent thread!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:02 PM
TECH Resident

Geez Arctic, tell us how you really feel!
Old 09-18-2006, 03:09 PM
12 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

hahahahahahaha! best thread ever! LMAO...i agree to this. every comment you see on a thread that says, look at my car! if the car isn't lowered, like every single person says LOWER THAT BIATCH! haha i think from now on, it should just be like a given...and just not said. lol

funny **** man. thanks for the laugh...
Old 09-18-2006, 03:49 PM
TECH Resident

hahaha I just read one of those threads where about 20 people said lower it.....Damn it, I said "lower it" as well...
Old 09-18-2006, 04:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Aren't those the same threads where people say "Vote for your favorite car, SS, CAMARO, FIREBIRD, TA, FIREHAWK, CORVETTER" Or "Which car is better,SS, CAMARO, FIREBIRD, TA, FIREHAWK, CORVETTER?'
Old 09-18-2006, 04:14 PM
Rehab is for quitters...

Originally Posted by PopaPork
Aren't those the same threads where people say "Vote for your favorite car, SS, CAMARO, FIREBIRD, TA, FIREHAWK, CORVETTER" Or "Which car is better,SS, CAMARO, FIREBIRD, TA, FIREHAWK, CORVETTER?'

Yep, and those same people that list all the cars they USED TO OWN in their sig...
Old 09-18-2006, 04:15 PM
TECH Addict

lol, nice

speaking of which, i need my car lowered
Old 09-18-2006, 04:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm too tall. I lower it and I won't be able to get in and out of the damn thing. Hmmm....................maybe a lift kit!
Old 09-18-2006, 04:24 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Forgot to mention the body kit comments as well...

REMOVE THE BODY KIT##%!!@%

Because you know, it's real easy. There are only two little green men holding it on. When you get 3 minutes of free time just pull it off with your pinky. It's not like it's a huge deal where there are rivets holding it in all the way around and a bunch of nasty holes will be left which will cost a couple grand to fill and repaint to look factory. I mean, who WOULDN'T spend $2k to remove the body kit and have it filled and repainted? It's not like the factory put it on without your consent or anything. You clearly filed the paperwork for it before it was ever produced and that, by the law of LS1Tech, makes you gay for having it. Oh and also your car looks like crap b/c of it.... but who cares cuz you're for having a body kit!!! So I'm gonna put this face 4eva!!! LOLOL
Old 09-18-2006, 04:55 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28

Because you know, it's real easy. There are only two little green men holding it on. When you get 3 minutes of free time just pull it off with your pinky. It's not like it's a huge deal where there are rivets holding it in all the way around and a bunch of nasty holes will be left which will cost a couple grand to fill and repaint to look factory. I mean, who WOULDN'T spend $2k to remove the body kit and have it filled and repainted? It's not like the factory put it on without your consent or anything. You clearly filed the paperwork for it before it was ever produced and that, by the law of LS1Tech, makes you gay for having it. Oh and also your car looks like crap b/c of it.... but who cares cuz you're for having a body kit!!! So I'm gonna put this face 4eva!!! LOLOL
All true.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ehatcher
Excellent thread!
I agree but looking at your sig pic, siriously, you need to lo...... nevermind, i'm not going there
Old 09-18-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

this my reality check
Old 09-18-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ArcticZ28

umm, ur sig pic has a body kit.....
Old 09-18-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Addict

LOL, this thread rocks!
Old 09-18-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

i removed my prokit yesterday, now its stock suspension which i never experienced. i love it like this and will make it easier to sell.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:37 PM
TECH Junkie

I've already made my feelings about this sort of thing clear. Especially in Teri's Yellin' SS thread.

If someone posts up "What should I do next?", that's an open invitation for criticism and input.

If someone...maybe a certain Mexican who lives in Pearland...spends HOURS sweating his *** off, polishing out every imperfection, filling/sanding/polishing the paint chips, cleaning every inch of the exterior of his car, then posts up to say "Look how proud I am of my car and the job I've done!", that is NOT when you should chime in with "lower it/needs rims/needs grille/lose the front plate/get a tint/needs clear corners/needs a Berger panel/do that other appearance mod all the other sheeple are doing right now".

It's my car and I will decide what to do with it. Opinions are like ********: everybody has one and I don't want to hear yours unless I ask for it.

-Mike
Old 09-18-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by chupr0kabra
It's my car and I will decide what to do with it. Opinions are like ********: everybody has one and I don't want to hear yours unless I ask for it.
Amen.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:49 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I think the "lower it" comment comes at times from younger guys. I love it when they bring the performance argument into the issue. Possibly more than half who say lower it dont know jackshit of the proper way to do this. Most of them are running shitty setups....ask Sam Strano.