Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Wheel spacers

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 10:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wheel spacers

Ok, I've been trying to talk the wife into letting me get new wheels and it doesn't seem to be working for me. I really hate how the wheels on my car look in the rear due to the fact that they sit too far up under the fender well. After begging to no avail, I've decided to try and find some good quality wheel spacers to get the wheels to sit flush with the edge of the fender. I saw these http://www.thunderracing.com/catalog/ and wanted to get everyone's opinion. I'm not sure what thickness to get either. Here is a picture of my car as it sits now and I also did a photoshop with the back wheels pushed out toward the edge. Let me know what you think especially if you have experience with these or even a different brand. Thanks guys.

Old 09-18-2006, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

I ordered a pair (.250) from Summit and had them in a couple days. I didn't change the wheel studs and haven't had any problems. Looks good too.

Eddie
Old 09-18-2006, 10:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Not sure that 1/4" would do what I need
Old 09-18-2006, 10:57 PM
11 Second Club

how about replacing the factory wheel studs with longer/stronger ARP wheel studs and get the thicker spacer. warning though! the improper backspacing doing so with that wheel may cause damage/stress to the hub and/or wheel bearings. check with a good tire shop to see if this would make for a dangerous idea. hope you get the look you are going for.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:22 PM
TECH Addict

Man, just save and save until you can get some new wheels....or how about buying mine i want some of the new TTII's

BTW...i have 1/4" spacers in the rear. I'm not sure that i would go any bigger than that either because i don't think it would have much of a stud to sit itself on. Honestly i hate having any spacer at all for that reason.
Old 09-18-2006, 11:35 PM
10 Second Club

I had those same Konig monsoon wheels but mine sat right where they were suppose to. can you maybe put a wider tire on there? they are 9.5" wide right?

Dan