Appearance & Detailing Interior & Exterior Appearance Modifications

What to do next?

Old 09-19-2006, 09:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What to do next?

Hey, everyone I just ordered some Black Halos, and some smoked out bumper signals for my 2002 Z28. I was wondering if I should just go ahead and get a HID kit to go along with the lights, or should I get an SS hood. I am going to get both, but one before the other. Of course the hood is more expensive, and If i get it i know i wont paint it for like a month. However, I really want to get the hood project on the way. I cant make up my mind.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:20 AM
TECH Enthusiast

i say go with the HID's then the hood
Old 09-19-2006, 09:25 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H21surfer
Hey, everyone I just ordered some Black Halos, and some smoked out bumper signals for my 2002 Z28. I was wondering if I should just go ahead and get a HID kit to go along with the lights, or should I get an SS hood. I am going to get both, but one before the other. Of course the hood is more expensive, and If i get it i know i wont paint it for like a month. However, I really want to get the hood project on the way. I cant make up my mind.
i say dont get the SS hood at all, get the ultra Z hood so you dont look like an SS, but it is your car, lol.

anyways i would get the HID kit!
Old 09-19-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Resident

HID. Then save up enough money to buy the hood and have it painted at the same time.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Apprentice

Ya, I know the ss hood will make it look like an ss, and i really dont want it too look like an ss. However, you can get the ss hood for certifit for $180, and that is really cheap. And i dont really like the ultra Z hood all that much. I thought about going with the WS6 Ram air type hood, but im not sure. But i think i am going to go with the HID's first.
Old 09-19-2006, 09:38 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by H21surfer
Ya, I know the ss hood will make it look like an ss, and i really dont want it too look like an ss. However, you can get the ss hood for certifit for $180, and that is really cheap. And i dont really like the ultra Z hood all that much. I thought about going with the WS6 Ram air type hood, but im not sure. But i think i am going to go with the HID's first.
well like i said its your car so do whatever you think looks best, espeically since the Ultra Z hood is about $800!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sunoco hood...... then hid's
Old 09-19-2006, 11:48 AM
TECH Apprentice

ok, thanks for the advice guys. I went ahead and ordered the HID kit. I thought i might just finish the light project, and then save up for a hood. I was even thinking about the 3" ss style hood, but i am going to save up money for the hood and the paint. the halos, signals, and HID kit should be in by the weekend. I will let everyone know how it goes, and post some pictures.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What to do next?