Street Racing & Kill Stories Basic Technical Questions & Advice

Wasnt a race but had some fun.

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006, 05:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wasnt a race but had some fun.

On the way home from the gym yesterday afternoon (rush hour) I felt all big and bad so I opened up the cut out for the cruise home.

Anyhow I pull up @ a light next to this Nissa Altima...with a LOUD blow off valve. I gave him a little throttle to say hey. Wasnt much room to race due to traffic but we started rolling and I shifted to second, waited a little longer before shifting to third and gunned it. Almost like he read my mind he gunned it @ the same time.

It was a quick 20-30ish. Nothing to really judge by. He asked me what I ran @ Bandimere (which unfortunately was 14.4 w.o slicks with a track temperature of over 160). I tell him and he said he was running 13.5.

I kind of found that hard to believe but given the benefit of the doubt we ARE a mile high and N/A motors suck here.

I dont know..what do you guys think? Ive only been to the track once and it was SCORCHING hot that day. Im definately thinking my car is faster than a 14.4 at this altitude...just need to catch it on a cooler day.
Old 09-19-2006, 05:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you should be into 12's
Old 09-19-2006, 06:20 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hes at 5280' elevation, no way he would run 12's with that setup, even at sea level it would be close.