Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Meth users: Where did you mount the tank and pump?

Old 09-20-2006, 09:55 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Meth users: Where did you mount the tank and pump?

Got an Alkycontrol kit on the way now, with the 2 quart 4X6X6 tank. I'm trying to find a decent location for it. I can move my battery if I have to, but I'd rather not. Any pics would be great!
Old 09-20-2006, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

most people use their windshield wiper reservoir and dont use the supplied tank
Old 09-20-2006, 03:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

You should have called to order your alkycontrol kit... Julio mods new replacement windsheild washer tanks as well as mods yours if you send it in. Complete with low alky warning sender and etc.
If it hasnt shipped out yet, call and ad it to your order!
Look in the pics section of their website and you will find a pic of one of our windsheild washer tanks with his touch added
Old 09-20-2006, 03:42 PM
Launching!

i park the tank in the driveway and just run the hose into the kitchen window near the sink.
Old 09-20-2006, 04:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Modded my own WW tank forget paying out the *** to have one done for you.

Plastic threaded barb, tap, and some nice epoxy and you are done. No leaks to this day. I did hack some of the threads off of the barb so it wouldn't protrude into the tank

My pump is mounted on the inner radiator support behind the fog light.
J
Old 09-20-2006, 05:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Default meth tank

I have a trunk mount with a three gal tank, my pump is mounted in the outside center of the tank. It has a spot in the center for this. Im now running two 13 gph jets and it uses it fast.
Old 09-20-2006, 05:35 PM

Will the WW tank still work with a FMIC?
Old 09-20-2006, 05:39 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by frcefed98
Modded my own WW tank forget paying out the *** to have one done for you.

Plastic threaded barb, tap, and some nice epoxy and you are done. No leaks to this day. I did hack some of the threads off of the barb so it wouldn't protrude into the tank

My pump is mounted on the inner radiator support behind the fog light.
J
Ohh my.. I charge 35 labor to mod the tank.. i'll gladly pay anyone who wants to make them for me and warranty it against leaks.. guess you drill the hole, install the bulkhead, put the hyd sealant on the threads, install the low level sender, leak test it

BTW.. there is no epoxy that is methanol safe windshield washer fluid is not straight methanol.

Old 09-20-2006, 05:40 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Country Boy
Will the WW tank still work with a FMIC?
Depends on how big your IC is.. we can always use a BFH to gain a little extra clearance
Old 09-20-2006, 06:06 PM
TECH Senior Member

I run methanol, not WW fluid. The epoxy is on the outside to seal things up on an already tight tap. Doesn't leak at all. Spent 8 bucks on items and didn't have to wait for something to be shipped back. GM already provides the low level sender, plus common sense...keep and eye on it, you'll have no problems.

I get my methanol from the local circle track place, VP 2.60 a gallon.

Wasn't anything personal julio, I'm a DIY'er by nature and do things myself. If you want to sponsor or sell services on the board then feel free to contact PSJ or Nineball.
Originally Posted by Alkycontrol Julio
I charge 35 labor to mod the tank..
Carl I've got a 31x12x4 FMIC in the nose, no interference at all with the GM tank FWIW.
J
Old 09-20-2006, 06:09 PM

J , Thats the same IC I have... sweet! Maybe I can keep it!
Old 09-20-2006, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

Plenty of room buddy, no BFH needed.
I even fabbed up an extra beefy FMIC mount, takes up more space than the gm brace.....kinda had to do that, I sent my stocker to KP with the s/c kit

J
Old 09-21-2006, 12:33 AM
TS6
10 Second Club

I can't use the stock WW tank, no room with the FMIC.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There wasn't space to mount mine either because of my intercooler and trans cooler placement, so I asked Julio to send me a different tank and he shipped one out to me ASAP. It mounted were the battery goes.
Old 09-21-2006, 08:10 AM
10 Second Club

My engine compartment is VERY limited on space, so I had Julio make me a new windshield washer tank & then mounted the pump on the nose behind the front facia. I just fits on the metal support structure (bumper) behind the license plate area. You have to cut out about a 6" section of the energy absorber crap. I think I posted a thread on here about it.....
Attached Thumbnails Meth users: Where did you mount the tank and pump?-meth1.jpg   Meth users: Where did you mount the tank and pump?-meth2.jpg   Meth users: Where did you mount the tank and pump?-meth3.jpg   Meth users: Where did you mount the tank and pump?-meth4.jpg  
Old 09-21-2006, 10:20 AM
On The Tree

I run methanol, not WW fluid. The epoxy is on the outside to seal things up on an already tight tap. Doesn't leak at all. Spent 8 bucks on items and didn't have to wait for something to be shipped back. GM already provides the low level sender, plus common sense...keep and eye on it, you'll have no problems.

I get my methanol from the local circle track place, VP 2.60 a gallon.

Wasn't anything personal julio, I'm a DIY'er by nature and do things myself. If you want to sponsor or sell services on the board then feel free to contact PSJ or Nineball.

Carl I've got a 31x12x4 FMIC in the nose, no interference at all with the GM tank FWIW.
J
No problem brother. I'm a DIY'er as well.. I do my own engine assembly and mechanical work on my car.

The factory tank doesnt come with a low level? Is there an F-body model that comes with a sensor?

Thanks for the IC tip.. that will save someone some trouble.

Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Well when my WW tank went empty a few times before the meth kit, the light on the dash came on....so I guess I have something in the tank telling the dash light to come on.

Not a problem Julio, you've helped me out plenty in PMs on the buick board as well as here.

Wish I would have went with one of your kits, but had this one already, live and learn
Old 09-21-2006, 05:12 PM
On The Tree

Well when my WW tank went empty a few times before the meth kit, the light on the dash came on....so I guess I have something in the tank telling the dash light to come on.

Not a problem Julio, you've helped me out plenty in PMs on the buick board as well as here.

Wish I would have went with one of your kits, but had this one already, live and learn
Think the light you see is the low coolant. The factory WW tank doesnt come with a sensor but only on a limited amount of GM vehicles. Like Cadillacs, Vette's, etc.. Typically the higher end vehicles will come with a sensor.

To confirm.. look at your tank and you wont see any electrical connections going to it. Meaning you need to be careful to not get into trouble if you run low/out.. pretty/very dangerous if your tuneup requires it to work.

Old 09-21-2006, 06:35 PM
FormerVendor

PTS kit, try not to focus on the busted foglight I went with Julio's washer tank.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

mine was on the inside of the bumper support directly in front of the WW tank that held the meth

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Meth users: Where did you mount the tank and pump?