LS1TECH Sponsor Feedback Tell us about your sponsor transactions

Update on Rock-On

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Update on Rock-On

I posted my story about Rock-on a few threads down. Here's the link.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/ls1tech-sponsor-feedback/573089-rock-transmission.html

But to now pickup where I left off.

After I had to take the pan off of the "new" transmission and torque everything down I got the motor and tranny back in the car on Sat. Sept 16. As I had said before I just forged the bottom end, so I needed to let the rings seat and give everything a change to "break in." I fired the motor up at 11 am on Saturday morning and everything went fine. I went out just crusing around to allow everything to seat. I drove it all weekend just for this purpose and as the weekend came closer to an end I decided to "get it it" a little bit. Everything seemed to work as it was supposed to. Well I was supposed to go get the car tuned on Tuesday so I decided to drive it to work and just go to the local tuners straight from work. At lunch time, I took it out and took a co-worker for a ride and "got in it" again, but the tranny seemed to slip when it shifted into 3rd. I immediatly let off the gas and cruised down the road another 1/4 mile where we at lunch. I popped the hood and checked the fluid and it was full. When we got in the car to go back to work, I pulled out easy and it shifted 1 to 2 and then 2 to 3, but there was no third or fourth gear. It just free revs in those 2 gears. So, I'm assuming that the 3rd and 4th clutches are burnt out of the transmission. Keep in mind it has been in the car for a total of 3 days!!!!!

I've tried calling Rock-on for the last few days, I've called 15+ times and left around 9 voicemails. No one will answer the phone and no one will call back!

Dave told me that these transmissions would hold 700 ft/lbs of torque and I can guarantee my car is nowhere near that! This problem with the clutches being burned out happened with my stock transmission, so that makes me wonder if they even put after-market parts in this tranny.

Is anyone else having any luck with their Rock-On problems??????Or even heard back from them???

Moderators something needs to be done!!!
Old 09-21-2006, 03:00 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 1,099 Likes on 721 Posts

We have temporarily removed their advertising until they clear up these transactions.

ADMIN

Quick Reply: Update on Rock-On