Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What is my next best suspension change for the Drag Strip?

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:36 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default What is my next best suspension change for the Drag Strip?

Suspension
Front - Stock w/ Hotchkiss Lowering Springs and Bilstein SLP shocks

Rear - Hotchkiss Lowering Springs, Bilstein SLP shocks, Hotchkiss LCA, BMR Relocation brackets for LCA, BMR adj Panhard Rod, BMR adj torque arm. Stock sway bar and bushings. As well I have UMI SFCs.

My springs and shocks are fine for road driving and I feel like I do well enough on the strip. I'd like to dial the car in more for the drag strip with minimal street driving. What would you do as the next suspension change/modification?
QA1 w/ coil overs? Better sway bar for rear? Stock springs? Nothing?
Old 09-25-2006, 08:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Your car looks great!! Saw it at Jackson during an SVT event but was hoping it would pull better ETs. So you are wanting to get it to do better, that is cool.

how heavy is the car?!

I would get rid of the lowering stuff but it can be done like that, just a little more work. you can go with the QA1 stuff up front and depending on the spring rate you decide on it will affect the road manners but can be accomplished.

Depending on how the car leaves would determine what rear suspension changes to make. You very well will probably need a drag bar with that amount of power you are making if you hit it off the line.

Good luck!
Old 09-25-2006, 08:53 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Shon Herron
Your car looks great!! Saw it at Jackson during an SVT event but was hoping it would pull better ETs. So you are wanting to get it to do better, that is cool.

how heavy is the car?!

I would get rid of the lowering stuff but it can be done like that, just a little more work. you can go with the QA1 stuff up front and depending on the spring rate you decide on it will affect the road manners but can be accomplished.

Depending on how the car leaves would determine what rear suspension changes to make. You very well will probably need a drag bar with that amount of power you are making if you hit it off the line.

Good luck!
Thank you.
The car is full trim weight...never been weighed...with me in it add 300 lbs of course. The day at Jackson was first time out...several changes have been made (motor wise) including getting the N20 to blast full run. lol)) and we'll be back Nov 4?

I've been considering the BMR Extreme Drag sway bar. Any known issues using it with lowering springs?
Old 09-25-2006, 09:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I doubt I will have a car there on Nov 4th but I may show up to watch, that is always fun.

PM sent.