Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

HELP PLEASE Ram VDS 910 Clutch problems AGAIN

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 06:25 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP PLEASE Ram VDS 910 Clutch problems AGAIN

The clutch would slip on the launch and about 1 second on every gear change(only with slicks). The clutch was not that old when I purchased the car 1,000 miles or so. The previous owner had the same problem. I took the clutch out(the disc had chunks missing out of it) and sent everything to Ram. The said, the flywheel was burn and needed replacing(I though &%$!)
So they sent me a new flywheel,disc,pressure plate, and they set it up where all I had to do was install it. I also went ahead and installed a new Slave cylinder(01-02 model). When I removed the old one, it had a home made shim behind it. I was told that a shim must be used if you don't have a adjustable master cylinder, but I do have one. So I removed it. I also removed the M/C and checked to make sure the drill mod was done. It was.
The fluid was real dirty, so I clean all the lines and reinstalled everthing. Ram told me to adjust the pedal so it will start to grab close to the floor and fully engaged halfway on the pedal. It was in the beginning. When you first push in on the clutch it felt like nothing was there until halfway down the it disengages the clutch(like ram said). After a couple of days of driving, the clutch it back at the top(fully released). If I try to shorten the M/C rod it just pulls the clutch pedal closer to the floor. I am almost out of adjustment. I am gently driving the car for 500 miles(like ram said). I don't want to damage the clutch when it is time to race. The pedal is about the same as it was before i removed it(release point). Once in a while when you release the clutch it will get stuck(about 1 inch from the top and stop. The after a couple of seconds it will pop all the way up. I am thinking maybe a M/C is sticking.

Should I have left the shim behind the slave cylinder?
Could I have a M/C problem and need to replace it? (the fluid was real dirty)
What brand of M/C and who has the best deals? Should I just buy one from ram?

THANK YOU