Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters
View Poll Results: What would be better for F.I. ?
Textralia Exo-Skel
64.15%
RAM Street Dual
35.85%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Tex. vs. RAM

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tex. vs. RAM

What clutch would you choose?

Textralia Exo-Skel vs. RAM Street Dual?

Both are close in price,I will be going F.I. next year and want my moneys worth (if that is at all possible).
Old 09-26-2006, 10:42 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

after a month my ram is slipping.I went with the stage 4 powergrip hd..im putting out 440 to the wheels and its supposed to hold like 600..
what a joke.never again will i go with a cheap part thats important like this.

to top it off the guy i called and talked to basically acted like oh well to bad.
i asked what the warranty was on replacement,since it only has 1100 miles on it.he politley said there isnt a warranty but if it was sent in and they found it to be faulty he would give me a discount on a new one.........

I WILL NOT BUY FROM A COMPANY THAT DOESNT STAND BY THERE PRODUCT..
Old 09-26-2006, 11:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Have you thought about using the single disc clutch from text? I use that one and havent had any problems with it holding my mods, 560rwhp. Not sure if you were planning on going with more power than that. Either way I would go text.
Old 09-27-2006, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I plan on around 600 rear wheel, can't really use anything more where I live.
Plus with 600 at the wheels not to many of cars can keep up around the area.
Old 09-27-2006, 07:11 PM
Launching!

On rams website they say they have a 1 year 12,000 mile warantee
Old 09-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1998z28ss
On rams website they say they have a 1 year 12,000 mile warantee
yeah thats what i said but its not a warranty on the clutch its in case something breaks like splines or something according to the guy i talked to..i have to talk to another guy cause everyday that goes by im getting more pissed off so i have the name of another guy to talk to.
Old 09-28-2006, 09:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Joker is right! I called RAM up and asked them about a warranty on the dual disc and there is only a 30 day warrnaty!!

Anyone know what the warranty for the TEX is?
Old 09-28-2006, 11:13 PM
Launching!

i have seen alot of guys that use tex and if they have a problem they get taken care of right away...i used ram cause i was short on cash and needed a clutch right then..never again..you should look at cartek clutches to they are pretty good clutches
Old 09-29-2006, 12:08 PM
11 Second Club

I went with the Ram clutch and am more than happy with it. The clutch is holding up way better than my Spec 3 did and it is easy to drive. I normally track the car once or twice a month and launch at 5.5k rpms on et streets.
Old 09-30-2006, 02:43 PM
8 Second Club

644rwhp-RAM HD-lots of dyno runs and just ran 10.60 yesterday. It's been in there for 2 years. Are you sure it was installed right-did you use the shim or adjustable master? I'm probably going to go with the Ram duals next year-if you call Ram talk to Mike. But if you messed up the install how can anyone warranty it? I'm saying that you messed up but I think every clutch on here has a horror story-which should leave at least some idea of what's going on.
Old 09-30-2006, 03:30 PM
10 Second Club

I can't give any personal experience with Ram, but my TEXtralia OZ700 is kicking *** with about 10k on it. I was at 445 with the old exhaust setup. I haven't even had a hint of slippage with this clutch, never smelled the burnt smell after a high rpm launch slipping it out a little trying to keep traction. It hits the tires hard on each upshift, yes, even 4th at the track chirps. This thing kicks *** and comes back for more. It's also a dream to drive. TEXtralia all the way....
Old 10-01-2006, 04:29 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Vortech
644rwhp-RAM HD-lots of dyno runs and just ran 10.60 yesterday. It's been in there for 2 years. Are you sure it was installed right-did you use the shim or adjustable master? I'm probably going to go with the Ram duals next year-if you call Ram talk to Mike. But if you messed up the install how can anyone warranty it? I'm saying that you messed up but I think every clutch on here has a horror story-which should leave at least some idea of what's going on.
Totally understandable...I Know this clutch was installed correctly and the shim was used.like i said it was fine and then BAM out of the blue when i hit the gas it slips.no warning nothing..i have bled it again and nothing..just really pisses me off cause i skimped on this part and am now paying for it....them not standing behind what they sell even bugs me more...
If i wasnt sure it was installed right i wouldnt expect them to warrantee it..
Old 10-23-2006, 04:33 PM
8 Second Club

Did you buy it from a sponser? If so call them-ask them to use there leverage or email Mike from Ram directly and explain fully what happened. I'm sure if you did everyhting 100% correct they will help you out. 1 other thing-did you reuse your factory flywheel?
Old 11-19-2006, 04:55 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 432 Likes on 307 Posts

One of my friends has had good luck with ram, but I would vote Textralia all day. My break-in period consisted of pulling out of the driveway and seeing how much rubber we could burn off the tires. Over a year later and dozens of track passes later it still performs perfectly.
Old 04-01-2007, 12:51 PM
Staging Lane

My Ram HD is gone now after only 1500 miles on it.....i loved how good it felt and drove and it did fine on motor but after only a few hits on the 200 shot it was fried......maybe i just got a bad one i dont know but i think i will go with an Exo Skel next.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 179 Likes on 154 Posts

The Tex OZ700 will easily hande the power you have.

I used mine for over a year, and circa 5000 miles, with several very low 10 sec passes. When I removed it to fit a new trans, the clutch was only just fully broke in !!

If you wanted to really go overkill, at the expense of a slightly headier pedal, and less smooth engagement, the ExoSkell would be serious overkill for you.

The OZ700 is the best performance clutch ive owned and driven in any car. The pedal is just so light, and the damn thing grips !!!
Old 04-07-2007, 04:17 PM

Tex in a heartbeat! I had their single disk with my turbo setup and it never missed a beat and didnt even chatter.

I would never buy another RAM. I had a Ram HD when I was a H/C N/A car and it blew a spring from the disk (many here have. It destroyve the PP and disk) and I emailed Ram about it WITH pics and they gave me crap about I would have to send it in and my car would be down for about a month between shipping and "warrenty" (like that ever happens). They said theyve never seen it happen before. I just laughed.
Old 04-29-2007, 09:21 AM
TECH Apprentice

Makes me laugh, how in this day and age with message boards and such- how a manufacturer can pull the "I have never heard of this before" BS like that.. Yeah, we're never going to find out differently..
Old 09-05-2007, 09:35 AM
Launching!

I have the exo skel. It is loud and stiff, but the damn thing grips. It became much more drivable after i beat on it. I can see this clutch holding more power then I will ever make with this car.
Old 09-05-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I have tex twin for around 1000 miles. You can read my detailed posts if you search the forum. I want four things in my dream clutch. Light to firm but not heavy pedal pressure, quiet,ability to handle my power goals and streetability.
The twin with the metallic ceramic discs has reasonable pedal pressure. Some floater rattle that gets better as the clutch warms up. It seems like it can handle power but don't have my final combo in the car yet. Don't have my turbos in the car yet.
It was not that streetable but is more so as the miles have gone on it and have done some second gear slipping lately that seems to be helping. Tex sent me some street dics to try in the twin disc. Going to install them likely when install planned new engine. I could have maybe went with the single tex but my power goals are about 850rwhp occasionally possible even a bit more with small shots of nitrous.