Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Pulling transmission how hard??

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pulling transmission how hard??

So my shifter sticks in fourth last night wasnt coming out,, when it finnaly did it was in some weird cant find any gear zone until finnaly it grinded and grunted into first and i limped home...so i need siders keys and probally other stuff thats all broken in there?? My question is how hard is pulling the transmission?? how long does it take?? whats the install like putting it back on?? any help be great.
Old 09-26-2006, 12:41 PM
Launching!

for a first timer it will be easiest for another person to be there to help ya. its pretty easy. take out the drive shaft. take off the shifter handle. un plug everything from tranny, drop crossmember. take a 1/2" wrench and take off the shifter, un do all bolts and pull her out.

to un hook the slave cylinder you have a little plastic coller on the line that youyou have to slide in the slave cylinder neck, then pull it out, takes a little time but get a small screwdriver to push in the plastic collar and you will get it out. (this part will **** you off, but once you get it its always easy.)

all and all you should have it out in 2.5 hours or so, i can pull them in 45 and install them in the same amount of time.

any questions just pm me
Old 09-26-2006, 01:24 PM
Staging Lane

thanks man i will if i get stuck, you know how hard the clutch install is?