View Full Version : Death...Procharged GT...lonnng.

Black_Bird
09-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Soooo I got nailed the other day, well like a week ago really. Friends called up and wanted me to come play around for awhile with some random cars on a basically abandoned road. (stock GT, the procharged GT, R1, H1 hummer, haha, and just afew ricers.)

Got there, had seen the GT around before and knew the guy, but didnt know he had gotten procharged lately. Said he was puttin like 360 to the rear wheels I think, on 8 psi. Only other mods he has is intake/exhaust/and whatever supporting mods I guess. It's an '02-'03, dont remember what he said, 5 speed, on street tires.

So he messes with the R1 once, it killed him of course, so I ran the stock '02 GT afterwards, killed him too of course, haha. Even gave the guy a head start cause he was complainin, oh well.
Next me and the S/C GT line up, 20mph roll to whatever. Everyone thinks I'm gonna beat him for some reason, and I knew I wasnt, just wanted to see how bad it would be.

We launched from 20, hung with him through first gear, til about 45-50mph and he started pullin on me. Shut down about 120 with him 4-5 car lengths in front.

Of course I knew it was gonna happen, but now I'm gettin ragged on by everyone in town, "OHHHH YOU GOT BEAT BY A GT, A FREAKIN GT"
So I'm like, what do you drive? Do you want to go race that GT? Didnt think so. I could understand if I was goin and runnin my mouth about how fast my car is and such and then got smoked, but I never have, and they are the ones that called me.

Anyways, all is cool with me and him, we go back and do some nice burnouts together, and got going on my way home. Told him we can try it again in about a month or so, with hopefully a different outcome.

Here soon I'll have a NX dry kit on, just sprayin 100shot for now. Should put me just over 400rwhp hopefully, and I think that'll be enough to knock him out if we run the same race. What do yall think? I'm pretty sure a 400rwhp LS1 can hang with a 360rwhp GT, haha.

I WILL get video of this one, for sure, cause there will be alot of people around to watch probably. Every other time I say I'll get video I end up forgettin, but I wont this time, no way. Anyways, let me know what yall think, if all this sounds about right and if the 100shot should be enough. This race is definitly happening, I asked him to do it so...

thanks

:EDIT:
I was in my '98 T/A, 90,000 miles, A4, lots of suspension mods, 3000stall &tranny cooler, ORY, and dumps over the axle, no muffler at all, slp lid, free mods, and little things like that...

OdessitPashka
09-27-2006, 01:28 AM
You should've ran him from a dig!!!
Great race none the less!

FunkyBoss
09-27-2006, 11:34 AM
Good race, I haven't had a chance to line up against a TA since I put the procharger on, one day though.

JayplaySS2
09-27-2006, 12:18 PM
Good race, I haven't had a chance to line up against a TA since I put the procharger on, one day though.

That is some nice power out of an 02 GT. Good kill too.

Bitemark46
09-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Good death. Come back to the spot and race him with your 88 and wax his ass!

-Mark

FunkyBoss
09-27-2006, 01:04 PM
That is some nice power out of an 02 GT. Good kill too.

Thanks, just waiting for the motor to blow :bang:

04Terminator
09-27-2006, 01:56 PM
Nice death. get that 100 shot and it'll be different next time.

JayplaySS2
09-27-2006, 02:02 PM
Thanks, just waiting for the motor to blow :bang:

Arent we all my friend, arent we all........... :devil:

Black_Bird
09-27-2006, 02:07 PM

This guy aint makin near as much power as you are, I'm assuming your runnin more than 8 psi? Haha. From the talk of it blowing up and all.
His car just seemed like a solid mid 12 sec car, but it was just on the street for a brief time so who knows.

And I'd like to bring the '88 out, but it's a track queen. Damn thing weighs 1990lbs dry, doesnt handle too great out on the main roads, haha.

FunkyBoss
09-27-2006, 03:20 PM
I'm runnin at 10 PSI. I hope to god it doesn't blow, but I know I'm pushing my luck!

98Z28MASS
09-27-2006, 04:31 PM
This guy aint makin near as much power as you are, I'm assuming your runnin more than 8 psi? Haha. From the talk of it blowing up and all.
His car just seemed like a solid mid 12 sec car, but it was just on the street for a brief time so who knows.

And I'd like to bring the '88 out, but it's a track queen. Damn thing weighs 1990lbs dry, doesnt handle too great out on the main roads, haha.

Good death, but it sounds like hes making more than the 360 rwhp he stated...maybe that was on a mustang dyno or he has some weight reduction? Only reason i ask is I raced an 02 mustang gt with the vortech sq-kit claiming he was pushing 8-9 psi and making 370+ rwhp and my buddies bolt on 00 WS6 was pretty even with his mustang. He had me drive as I can drive better than him.

Black_Bird
09-27-2006, 05:07 PM
Nope, even had dyno sheets with him, haha. All I have is what I stated above, small converter, exhaust, lid, basically it. Only put down 300RWHP with that stuff, and it's an A4. He had 60rwhp on me at least, I think that's enough to pull 4-5 cars on me with.

NightWindDriftr
09-27-2006, 05:21 PM
Nice death.

98Z28MASS
09-28-2006, 10:51 AM
Nope, even had dyno sheets with him, haha. All I have is what I stated above, small converter, exhaust, lid, basically it. Only put down 300RWHP with that stuff, and it's an A4. He had 60rwhp on me at least, I think that's enough to pull 4-5 cars on me with.

Ah ok, I figured with bolt ons youd be in the 320-330 rwhp range, but you have an ls1 intake and no headers correct? Yea 60 rwhp is enough to put a few cars on you. Good death and toss on some long tubes and race him again from a dig, should be a lot closer.

Black_Bird
09-28-2006, 11:12 AM
Yep, Ls1 intake and no LT's. Going for the spray first, then a set of pacesetters and y-pipe afterwards.

98Z28MASS
09-28-2006, 01:15 PM
Yep, Ls1 intake and no LT's. Going for the spray first, then a set of pacesetters and y-pipe afterwards.

Nice what sized shot?

98Z28MASS
09-28-2006, 01:17 PM
ah nevermind I just saw your original post. Yea I wish I went N20 with my car before I sold it...Ive been in a few 150 shot ls1's and theres nothing like the feeling when the N20 hits...just crazy

Black_Bird
09-28-2006, 02:19 PM
Just a 100 shot for now...it should be enough just to knock the GT out this time around and have some fun with. Full exhaust and cam will be next, cant wait for that.

04Terminator
09-28-2006, 04:06 PM
Just a 100 shot for now...it should be enough just to knock the GT out this time around and have some fun with. Full exhaust and cam will be next, cant wait for that.

You ever make it to Va Motorsports Park Black Bird?

Black_Bird
09-28-2006, 04:20 PM
Nope, know a few people that do run up that way though. I'm at Cherokee's track in Rogersville every weekend, and at Bristol sometimes.