Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission Problems...HELP!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 03:50 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission Problems...HELP!!!

Ok, a couple of years ago I had a transmission built by Performance Automotive and Transmission Center in Bossier City, LA. It's the 700E Raptor with Torque package that's supposedly good up to 600hp/600tq. Shortly after I got it built and in the car, I kinda got out of the racing scene, so I never made any passes on it at the track or anything. That's changing now and only now have I learned that the tranny is screwy.

If I try to stall the car, it forces me to launch in 2nd. Doesn't matter where I've got the shifter. I can manually put it in 1st, but it'll still launch in 2nd. If I'm just rolling and hammer it, it'll launch in 1st, but I can't do 1st gear burn-outs and I can't stall the car up to launch in 1st. The stock trans did NOT do this, it allowed me to hold 1st. I called PATC and the guy said "Yeah, they all do that. I don't know why." So I said, "Well, isn't that a slight PROBLEM for racers?!" He agreed and offered no help or solution. He claims it's something to do with the LS1 computer. Is there any way to fix this via tuning? Has anyone else had this problem? WTF?