Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Built my tranny and converter

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 08:59 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Built my tranny and converter

Just got my tranny back and my stall converter. I finally know what a loose converter feels like. In OD the car feels loose but nothing ridiculous should feel better when the 3.73s are in. Its a 3000 stall. In OD the car doesnt even burn rubber or feel any faster just a lil looser. Put it in first and shift through the gears and COT DAMN!!! The car flies. I went to a commercial area where the streets are wide, empty, freshly paved and the car was about to hit 100mph in about 2 blocks. Cant wait to take it to the track.
Old 09-28-2006, 04:58 AM
TECH Addict

Glad you like it.

A couple things:

1. The car shouldn't feel loose in OD - your converter clutch should lock up and stop the converter from slipping.
2. Don't shift through the gears! Let the car do its thing.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:36 PM
12 Second Club

okay so i got my tranny back as stated above. put it in the car and i thought everything was okay except for the being real loose in overdrive and not being able to peel out. so the guys who built my tranny and converter always test drive the product to make sure everything is cool. so i took the car back to them this tuesday since only the tranny had made it too the shop the week before. turns out there was something wrong. good thing these guys have an awesome warranty 5 years on the converter two on the tranny. so they tell me the car has no first or second which would explain the looseness. so they run diagnostic and all that and it turns out one of the solenoids was messed up. so they fixed it same day (advantage over internet quick service if anything happens).

so now i can say i know what a converter really feels like. in od it drives just like normal until you acclerate quickly or mash and then its insanity. and even though your not supposed to shift through the gears you have to try it out just for fun once or twice (you know we've all done it) for fun and first gear is just an animal. i have to say that with all my mods this tranny and converter brings everything all together. way more than i expexcted and its still perfectly driveable. the acceleration is awesome and there are no dead spots. moral of the story go and get a converter if you havent done so already.