Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS2 into Gbody update

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 12:13 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default LS2 into Gbody update

Updated my site with some pics and have made some good progress. A couple of things need to get done before I can actually drive it. Hopefully I'll be able to drive it in about 2 weeks while I get some missing things and work on the little details. Enjoy!
Old 09-30-2006, 01:18 PM
Staging Lane

That was kind of like watching ****... I splooged... Partly Cuz my montey has a 6 liter with t56 sitting in the frame... literally sitting, I need mounts though.....
Old 09-30-2006, 06:49 PM
TECH Resident

Nice looking project. Did the drivers side hooker long tube header fit without any mod's?. What did it take to get the passanger side to fit? Are these Fbody hooker long tubes? I have a 80 malibu with an ls1. I have mac midlength headers and I'm thinking of the hooker long tubes
Old 09-30-2006, 09:45 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1 BU
Nice looking project. Did the drivers side hooker long tube header fit without any mod's?. What did it take to get the passanger side to fit? Are these Fbody hooker long tubes? I have a 80 malibu with an ls1. I have mac midlength headers and I'm thinking of the hooker long tubes
The headers are hooker lt headers for 98 fbody. The driver's side fit with only a slight crease to one of the collector tubes. The passenger side needs the #4 tube to be cut and a rebent, it does not clear the frame. I will take this to my local muffler shop and have them do this. I tried to crease and bang the tube but it was just too much. I would say that the tube would have to bend inward toward the engine about 3/4" to 1". If you take a close look at the pic of the header with the tube banged up, it will show where the problem area is. The headers are pretty darn close though considering that they're not for the car.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:09 PM
Launching!

Default Good work

Hi: Very Nice job you did. Did you use the Ls2 Oil Pan or the modified Fbody Pan? It nice to use all new parts for sure. If you go to the Whiskey Cafe in Lyndhurst NJ for the Saturday night shows I will look for your car down there next summer. I think last Saturday night was the last night for the season? I probably will see your car around the area for sure. Good Luck.
Old 10-03-2006, 11:40 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by StickSS
Hi: Very Nice job you did. Did you use the Ls2 Oil Pan or the modified Fbody Pan? It nice to use all new parts for sure. If you go to the Whiskey Cafe in Lyndhurst NJ for the Saturday night shows I will look for your car down there next summer. I think last Saturday night was the last night for the season? I probably will see your car around the area for sure. Good Luck.
Thanks. I used the fbody pan modified by John B. The engine was from a GTO so it had the front sump pan on it. Whiskey cafe is a nice spot, lots of nice rides. I'll definitely make it down there next year.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:54 PM
11 Second Club

New updated pics on my site. It's been tough working on it only on weekends cause of my schedule. The little things have been taking a long time, not to mention, I want everything to look as neat as possible. I'm happy to say that it's really close to startup though(I can't wait!). Prob another day or two of work.
Old 11-24-2006, 11:54 PM
Teching In

Looks Good! I'm about to pull the trigger on getting an ls2.

Quick Reply: LS2 into Gbody update