Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Ram HD with a stock flywheel??

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2006, 11:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ram HD with a stock flywheel??

I know it says it recommends a new flywheel with it but what are the advantages and disadvantages of using a resurfaced stock one?
Old 09-29-2006, 03:59 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i bought the ram flywheel just so they couldnt blame anything on not having the right parts a month with the clutch its gone and they still wont do anything for me..ram = junk
Old 09-29-2006, 07:14 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

dont EVER resurface a stock flywheel. All that is required is a cross-hatch job, and you're good to go.

I have ran the Ram HD for 10,000 miles now with the stock flywheel that is cross-hatched.

My car makes 460/408 on motor, car weighs 3400lbs with me in it, and i launch off a 2-step on slicks at 5k+rpm.....

Clutch has yet to ever let me down, and i LOVE it....

The thing to eremember is this clutch is not meant to be slipped like a stock clutch. this and install error explain most of the "faulty" Ram HD's out there.

For my car, its 2 quick blips of the throttle, and then let the clutch out. My car has been wonderful for me!
Old 09-29-2006, 08:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tha joker
i bought the ram flywheel just so they couldnt blame anything on not having the right parts a month with the clutch its gone and they still wont do anything for me..ram = junk
ive seen you post alot about ram being junk latley but no matter what clutch i go with there is always a post about how its garbage and 50 posts on how awesome it is...you never put in any of your posts how it went out or what not so now im interested
Old 09-29-2006, 09:36 AM
9 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mike70845
ive seen you post alot about ram being junk latley but no matter what clutch i go with there is always a post about how its garbage and 50 posts on how awesome it is...you never put in any of your posts how it went out or what not so now im interested

you are a very intelligent person to notice this. It seems like with clutches there is ALWAYS a person, or group of people that are only interested in finding post about xxx clutch that failed on them, and so they all must be junk.

I personally take what i find here with a grain of salt, and then see if i can find real cars in my area to see what they are running, and have had success with. I don't know about you, but it was ALOT harder for me to get into the 12's and even moreso the 11's than what alot of simple setups on here have done. I learned the hard way that you have to trust only what you decide, and it's damn near impossible to replicate some of the results others have had on this board.

That being said, I've had a good experience with Ram, and have seen textralias go bad, i've been through 2 centorforce clutches, and have a friend that went through 3 Spec 3's as well.

Me: I like the ram HD for gripping ability, and if it bust, your out 1/2 the price of what a comprable textralia or mcleod twin disk, or other clutch would cost. thats how i feel, haha
Old 09-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Teching In

it just seems like its so hit or miss with these things...i guess its just a trust your instinct kinda thing when it comes to your car