Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

t74 build ???

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2006, 04:01 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default t74 build ???

I know there is a lot of discussion on compression for turbo motors. I recently bought a turbo kit. Its a truck manifold kit with a precesion t-74. I have a forged 347 rt now and I spun a rod bearing so the engine has to come out anyway. I need some advice on what pistons to go with. 8.1 or 8.5? Dish? what brand? My goals for now 650-700rwhp (if its obtainable with my set-up). I dont race at the track. Its more of a weekend driver. Should I go with lower compression than 8.5? Just in case in the future I want to make more power and add a meth kit maybe. I dont want it to be a junker until 4K rpm's then kick in. I would like it to pull fairly decent from a 3k punch. not sure how much of a difference the compression would make in this if any. I want this to run on pump gas. And if its not a huge difference in performance by going with the lower compression now, so I can increase later I would. Also any cam suggestions?? I want a lil thump (just nice to hear) Im puttin stock 241 casting heads with comp 918's back on the car! And I have 60lbs mototron injectors with a intank walboro pump and inline coming!