Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Forged pistons only

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Forged pistons only

I had my car dyno tuned the other day and broke 2 pistons. Broke right on the side around where the piston ring slides in. The shop took a look at my motor and everything is fine, just need to put new pistons in for the most part. The owner recommended putting in forged pistons, but didnt say anything about the rods. I know you can use the stock crank to make pretty decent power. I'm looking to be a NA 6.0L with a large cam. Just wondering if anyone had went and forged their pistons and left the rods stock and through some ARP bolts in. Thought about just throwing it all in rods and pistons with stock crank.
Old 10-02-2006, 05:06 AM
On The Tree

thats what im doing now, Heads and cam 250 shot on a stock block, crank,rods w/arp's, nitrous pistons. a guy here in the EFA went 9.8's with this setup for a season, didnt break anything just went bigger.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:27 AM
TECH Addict

if you're going into the motor anyways if you can possibly afford i would definitely put better rods in it,even though some ls1s with better rod bolts have held up to decent power i'd put some h beams in .