Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

quick pcv question

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 06:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default quick pcv question

ok, I narrowed it down to three options.

1) Run a 3/8" line from each valve cover to a oil catch can. From the oil catch can, run a 3/8" line to the supercharger inlet.

2) Run a breather on each valve cover.

3) Run driver side valve cover with 1 one way PCV check valve to catch can, from catch can to intake. And on the passenger side have a breather.

Last edited by Deckhand; 10-01-2006 at 10:01 PM.
Old 10-01-2006, 09:58 PM
7 Second Club

subscribed... right now i have one valve cover breather and a line from teh back going straight to the inlet hat.... if i see oil in it then ill add a oil/air seperator.
Old 10-01-2006, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

yea, I added option 3, which could work since I am 2barSD.... theres a few ways it can be done.. im just not sure which way is the best.
Old 10-03-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've been running a catch can between the PCV valve and engine intake since before the blower went on. Seems to still work. I've noticed a slight reduction in catch can oil probably because high revs reverse the flow (intake pressure up) and closes the PCV valve.

The passenger side valve cover is plumbed directly into the blower inlet, but after only 500 miles, there is already a couple ounces of oil pooling at the blower.

I was about to plumb your #3, but after looking at #1 it seems a better solution. Thanks for posting it. I hate breathers and the mess, not to mention its illegal here.