Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new to ls1 world... need guidence

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2006, 07:03 PM
Has Unresolved Sales

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question new to ls1 world... need guidence

Im getting my hands on a 1999 camaro BFC M6. Car has 118k. What lid should I get? thinking about the slp one. also what exhaust sounds good on these ls1 cars? I have a Lt1 and everything sounds good on that car. I should leave the cats on right? dont want rasp.. what about roller rockers? 1.8's? giving it a tuneup. what else should i get or no about these cars?
Old 10-01-2006, 07:23 PM
Staging Lane

Lids don't really matter, they're all the same. As far as exhaust goes, I favor the SLP Loudmouth and Borla. The first thing I'd do is a lid and exhaust, headers back.
Old 10-01-2006, 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

GM High Tech Perf. magazine just did a huge test on like 6 or 7 different lids, basically any of them are better then stock, the SLP one is pretty good though.

as far as exhaust, there's a never ending line of exhaust systems and muffler combinations for these cars. i'de suggest going to LS1sounds.com and they have a ton of exhaust clips. Long tube headers and an Off road Y-pipe (no cats) sounds great as long as you have some sort of muffler. something along the lines of an SLP loudmouth sounds good with stock manifolds and cats, anything less and the loudmouth is obnoxious.

Stock rockers are fine on these cars. a good bang for the buck mod is to throw a gear in these cars. Cams make hefty power in an LS1 as well! maybe someone else will chime in for some more help!

that's my $0.02!
Old 10-01-2006, 08:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

if you dont want rasp, stay away form LM and longtubes, i say you get some Borla, a clear lid(looks cool)
Old 10-02-2006, 05:56 PM
Has Unresolved Sales

hmmmmm so on the ls1 all the longtubes makes it sound raspy? what about the tsp catback hows that one doing?