couple of tattoo questions

Old 10-01-2006, 11:09 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default couple of tattoo questions

first off i was wondering if anyone had some Chevy/Camaro tattoos and if they could post up some pix. or if you got any i wanna see them.

2nd question is that i heard of this UV tattoo. sounds pretty bad *** but i heard the paint might have health side effects...

http://jscms.jrn.columbia.edu/cns/20...ry_syndication

anyone heard about it? or know if they are un-healthy?
Old 10-02-2006, 12:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

the UV ink aka blacklight ink is the only ink on the market that is FDA approved.

I have a blacklight tattoo on my forearm, it is not fully discrete, but it's very hard to notice. I've had it for about a year now and for about 7 months it is VERY visable.. looks like a brand actually.
Old 10-02-2006, 12:48 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Yeah, I would not do the UV tat. Most places will not even do it if you ask them to just because of the fear that it may harm you.
Old 10-02-2006, 08:44 AM
Launching!

sil3ntxws6 - do you have a pic of the tattoo for the 7 months that it was visible? and now that it's gone. i'm just wondering what it looks like. and a pic of it under black lights...

orangeapeel - if the blacklight ink is the only ink that is FDA approved why wouldn't they do it? and i don't see how it would be any different than a visible ink. the only difference to me is the fact that you can't see it. the reason i wondered if it would hurt you is cause of the chemical make up of it. i didn't know if it was different ink or just different coloring.
Old 10-02-2006, 07:49 PM
Launching!

anyone got pix?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:08 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

I think that they have not said either way whether or not the chemical that causes the glow is long term harmful. Most places that I have been they will tell you no. It is a showcase of their talent. They don't want it to turn out like hammered ****. Ya know?

Plus...How often are you under a black light? honestly....
Old 10-03-2006, 10:38 PM
TECH Regular

I was thinking to myself..I said..self..that picture that you had the link looks like he has burn marks under normal lighting. Is that just the way it looks all the time..I really would not want to look like I have a burn mark on me...that is more than I already have...
Old 10-04-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i got it to have it and be discrete.. i hardly ever go under a blacklight, but i can still see it with no blacklight

it does not look like burn marks.. it looks like a birthmark in contrast with your regular skin color
Old 10-04-2006, 12:27 AM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Just think about it before you pull the trigger. Randy Adams will do anything you want for money FWIW.
Old 10-04-2006, 12:38 AM
12 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts

I have uv ink in my right shoulder. You cant notice it at all. I wanted to ge my whole arm done in the black light ink so it would light up my arm and you would see my bones. I can post a pic if you want to see how it looks on me.

BTW I had this done 6 years ago....when the sun hits it...it feels like its burns a lot faster than normal skin....feels burnt, not really though. But, I cant find any place to finish my tattoo. Every place says it gives you cancer or itches like crazy (never experianced) or some wacky ****.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

damn that is bad ***...

Old 10-04-2006, 12:31 PM
TECH Resident

That looks tight as hell. Nice tat.
Old 10-04-2006, 01:01 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by orangeapeel
Just think about it before you pull the trigger. Randy Adams will do anything you want for money FWIW.
the only artist at Randy adams thats worth half a damn is Randy Adams himself IMO. I like the guys at 360 blues and tattoos and theres a guy at hellbent that does some good work
Old 10-05-2006, 02:32 PM
ЯєŧąяĐ Єl¡m¡иąŧøя ™

Yeah, I have seen some hellbent tats, and they look pretty good. Nothing too extravagant though. But this is coming from a guy who got his first tattoo in a drive thru beer barn building in Denton!
Old 10-05-2006, 02:51 PM
TECH Enthusiast

LOL you're 18 and thinking of getting a Camaro/Chevy tatoo? Think about it a little longer bud, I think you'd regret it.
Old 10-08-2006, 06:59 AM
TECH Regular

Here is one that I got for my dad on father's day about 7 years ago. It is starting to fade a little cuz he never takes care of it. It was done by Bill McBee in Houston. He now works at Amazing Tattoos on the Northside. He has done all but one of my 6 and the owner of the shop did the other one. They do kickass work!!
Attached Thumbnails couple of tattoo questions-img_2604-1-.jpg  
Old 10-08-2006, 10:58 AM
TECH Junkie

^^^shading looks like poop and if the pic isnt pixelated then his line work sucks also imo
Old 01-25-2007, 11:31 PM
Launching!

hate to bring back an old post...

i was just thinking about it the other day and i finally got the one. i went with the black light. i did about a week of research and discovered that Chameleon ink is the ****. the actual ink particles are coated in a layer of chemical that prevents the ink from acctually touching your skin that would cause any kind of cancer or irritation (not that it would cause any) and the life of the ink is rated much longer than any others.

http://www.crazychameleonbodyartsupply.com/index.htm

so i went ahead and got one at a local shop down here. kidna funny i always drove by this shop as a kid and never thought i'd get a tattoo from them... if anyone ever wants a tattoo done that is supposed to look like a photo then go to Pirate Ship tattoo in burleson, tx and ask for Clint. he's probably the best artist skin or paper that i've ever seen. seriously. i recommend just going to the shop to look through his albums...

anyways... here's a pic of mine.

that's before the touch up and the regular light one is less than 24 hours after it was done. i'm thinking about getting it outlined in glow in the dark ink...
Old 01-26-2007, 12:18 AM
TECH Regular

What will the tattoo look like within a couple weeks? Will you see the flames at all during the day without a blacklight? If not then that is badass!
Old 01-26-2007, 02:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Where the UV skeleton bones meet the nail must have ******* HURT.... eek.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: couple of tattoo questions