General Maintenance & Repairs Leaks | Squeaks | Clunks | Rattles | Grinds

Throwing code - low voltage to maf

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 07:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Throwing code - low voltage to maf

I had the code pulled by my friend who has HPtuners - he told me the code number but I forgot it (something like P060?? or P080??) but I remember he said it was low voltage/current to the maf. He said probably a short to gnd somewhere - and my "Eng Sen" fuse (20a mini fuse in forward fuse box) keeps blowing - I have replaced it along with resetting the computer a few times to no avail. I got under the car yesterday - I have long tubes, so my front O2's are extended with mils to the front bungs on the headers and the rears are left unattatched with the rear bungs on the headers capped shut - and found a short. I had one of my unused rear O2 wire sets touching my headers just enough to have melted the wires together thus shorting them all out. I repaired the damage, taped everything backed up real good and wire tired that connector out of the way of the headers. Car ran fine for about 20-25miles - heard a sound and at the the same time ses light came on, car is running worse than ever - I am at work now so have not checked the fuse yet but suspect same problem - blown Eng Sen fuse and same code no doubt - low voltage to maf. Since my origianl code was thrown - like a week ago I have also swapped out the maf for a used one I purchased to have a spare - cleaned and installed it yesterday as well. So what else can it be? other that another short somewhere?? bad O2's? bad mil eliminators? what else is hooked into the loop of that Eng Sen fuse??
Thanks for the help guys......stevet
Old 10-02-2006, 01:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

hmm well i dont like how you have used maf....also did you check the connecting wire to the maf sensor? making sure the wires are tight to the connector itself and that the flanges inside arent bent?.....take a voltmeter to some of those wires and make sure there carrying there load....if its not the maf or connection....i would go with the o2s...
Old 10-02-2006, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I agree. I've jacked up a MAF before and suffered the consequences with the same codes. Maybe I can chyme in on this.

1.) Running a Used MAF could be an issue later. F.Y.I.
2.) Check the sensor and the sensor wires. Seriously, just the oil from your fingerprint can throw it off.
3.) Use some MAF cleaner but make sure you don't get any of that stuff on ANYTHING else other than what your try'n to spay. Its alchohol based so you don't wanna go all hog wild with it. Just make sure that you let that stuff evaporate for a long while before you throw it back on.
4.)(this what I had to do) If you have a tune,.....de-program the car back to stock,....drive it arround for 10-20 minutes,.....and then re-install the tune. It should reset everything. SLP had me do that and it did the job.