Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Need some help w/ conversion

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2006, 04:57 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need some help w/ conversion

my car is 98 trans am with the ls1 motor and i drop that motor and put in a 5.3 off 02 chevy pick up everything where bolt up and fine motor crank up fine everything work fine untill the day it throw me a maf air sensor code , went out to local part store bought a new maf air flow sensor take it back home and erase the code it work for 2 days and do the same thing...i got the same computer off the chevy pick up and hook it up on mine and it keep blow pcm fuse and i hook it back to ls1 computer and it fine....and another thing i just did a a4 to m6 conversion i dont know it is gonna effect anything and now when i try to see there any more code but when i plug my programer in it doesnt show up anything it said errors sorry for the long post this is really stress me out alots with this is there any way anyone can help me with this i really need the car back up and running again thank everyone
Old 10-02-2006, 09:23 PM
TECH Resident

back up top for the night crew
Old 10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

The truck computer will not work with a 98 f-body harness. The 98 computer and the 99+ computer have different pin outs. What maf are you using? And did the MAF problems start when you tried to plug in the truck computer?
Old 10-03-2006, 12:37 AM
TECH Resident

no the maf start before that then i try to use 99 truck computer it blow fuse maybe i need a tune? or can any body out here flash into a 5.3?
Old 10-03-2006, 09:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Your posts are tough to read, but from what I can interpret you've got a '98 harness and you're trying to use a '99 PCM.

That won't work, the pinouts are different as previously posted. Probably fried the '99 PCM you tried.

I suspect the MAF error is just a calculated flow defect, because you're only moving 5.3L worth of air and the table is calibrated for a 5.7L engine.

Take it to a tuner with the '98 PCM in and have him work the calibrations to match your engine.
Old 10-03-2006, 04:40 PM
TECH Resident

ok...kool thanks guys...and now theres another problem when i plug my programer in there is no power and i see my cig plug fuse is blow so i dont know that cause it or not
Old 10-03-2006, 05:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Can't see your circuit from here, so you'll need to troubleshoot for a short.
Old 10-04-2006, 10:53 AM
TECH Resident

yah..i just replace the fuse for cig and i try my scaner it work fine now i need a tune and see how its gonna do ...thanks guys.

Quick Reply: Need some help w/ conversion