Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

315s need panhand bar?

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2006, 06:43 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 315s need panhand bar?

i just bought some 315/30s for the rear tires (smoothieII 18X10)package deal. tires already came on the rim and the guy that sold it to me said ill need a panhand bar so it doesnt "wander" on the highway(due to the wideness of the tire). can someone please explain and tell me what i need to do to make it an everyday driving experience. thanks
Old 10-04-2006, 07:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

I don't know about needing one for wandering. I would say you will need an adjustable one if you lower the car to get that rear centered back up and keep the tires from rubbing the inner fenders. I've got 315's and never heard of wandering on the highway due to them.
Old 10-04-2006, 07:53 AM
Staging Lane

Default ok...

i will get an adjustable one.. but how often will it rub?.. and how much can i drop it?.. and what are the downfalls to having 315s?
Old 10-04-2006, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

There really isn't any downfall to having 315's other than the cost. If you get everything set up when you mount your wheels and tires it will never rub. If you lower your car you will have to spend an hour or so checking to make sure the rear is centered which you will be able to move with your adj. bar. Check for any tire rub, but if you center it good you may not even have any. Just put them on and go from there.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:06 AM
Staging Lane

Default still no clue..

so 315 are REALLY close to the fenders?... they might rub?... and if they do will it be alot or on hard turns or what not?.. and most importantly.. what all exactly do i need to get? and how far did you drop your car? thanks. i know i am asking alot of questions, i just want to be sure. you know how a guy is with his car.
Old 10-04-2006, 08:56 AM
TECH Junkie

ya 315's will be close to the fenders and to the inner fender will. You wont need an adj phb if your car is not lowered. My car has sportlines so i got an adj phb. If your car is at a stock height. i honestly think that you wont need to roll your fenders. or hammer the innner fender well. but they MIGHT RUB ON hard turns etc. My fenders are rolled and i did the bfh mod. but i sitll take it slow on sharp turns etc. by the way. i see your in NB. Im in schertz, i might be able to help you out sometime if i have some extra time.
later.